Urban Foxes

A girl who works for me and rides out regularly with the local hunt recently had a 4 day cultural holiday in London.

Whilst her and her boyfriend were eating their supper in a buh shelter in Victoria, a fox came to the perspex screen and was in no way

intiminated by their eforts to chase him off.

I drive for a living around Dublin city, most of my driving in during darkness.

The amount of Charlie I come across is unbelievable, one area that I cover is alive with them, and this is a large housing estate, I counted seven foxs in one night.

Dublin City is alive with Charlie. :yes::yes:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Many, if not most, cities are crawling with foxes these days. Have been for decades now. I know I certainly saw plenty, twenty five years ago, in my home town. Old mate of mine, Chris H, used to lamp the buggers regularly in the public parks and open spaces.

Of course, all that was really 'Pre Ban'. Ye wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting away with it today, with every bugger now switched onto what a lamp's all about and having a mobile on them. Which suggests there'd be a lot less active culling of the things.

So, work it out: If we were crawling with them, even as some boys were knocking them over left, right and centre? What the f*cking hell must it be like now that they're being left to get on with it?!

Winter before it all went tits up, I'll never forget, I glanced out my window one night and saw one, large as life, standing there on my own front lawn! FFS! :icon_eek:

i used to live just outside the town centre,was coming out early one morning to go shooting and a fox strolled accross the road into the neighbours garden!me being a nosey sort,followed it and we played hide and seek for a good two mins around a large pampas grass type of plant!me taking a step to the right,the fox taking one in the opposite direction!!only about two yards from me but behind the plant!before the fox got bored and strolled back over the road into my locals beer garden.the pub was called "THE FOX!" lol

We've got one that does the rounds on our estate every night, between 12-4 am. Iv'e stood out before now, and the buggers come within about 10 foot of me standing still! I'm not sure if it's the same one, but my brother got near enough to one, to hand feed it one night, when he was walking home across the school field, from my place to my mums in the early hours. Mind, he'd had quite a few sherberts that night, :drink: so for all we know it was probably a cat! :laugh:

The kids seen one from the playgroung in their school, again probably the same one, in the plot that's next to the school, mooching round in the middle of the day. It was curled up in the sun, in the middle of the plot when the wife went to pick the kids up, totally oblivious to the noise of all of the kids, pressed up against the fence looking at it!

Many, if not most, cities are crawling with foxes these days. Have been for decades now. I know I certainly saw plenty, twenty five years ago, in my home town. Old mate of mine, Chris H, used to lamp the buggers regularly in the public parks and open spaces.

Of course, all that was really 'Pre Ban'. Ye wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting away with it today, with every bugger now switched onto what a lamp's all about and having a mobile on them. Which suggests there'd be a lot less active culling of the things.

So, work it out: If we were crawling with them, even as some boys were knocking them over left, right and centre? What the f*cking hell must it be like now that they're being left to get on with it?!

Winter before it all went tits up, I'll never forget, I glanced out my window one night and saw one, large as life, standing there on my own front lawn! FFS! :icon_eek:

'What the f*cking hell must it be like now that they're being left to get on with it?!' I think that you should be using this sentence to refer to foreign immigrants rather than foxes lookin for a meal. I think it's sad to hear of wild animals resorting to scrounging around human shit for a living because their natural environment has been 'devastated'.Theres nothing more brilliant than watching a red fox wander across a frosty field in the countryside. I think we should appreciate that foxes are still found in their natural habitat and pity these urban ones rather than gather up a hatred for them. Oh and I'm no anti, I'd just like to say before some jumps the gun, i just appreciate the cunning and brilliant survival instinct of these animals.

Edited by sambo123

'What the f*cking hell must it be like now that they're being left to get on with it?!' I think that you should be using this sentence to refer to foreign immigrants rather than foxes lookin for a meal. I think it's sad to hear of wild animals resorting to scrounging around human shit for a living because their natural environment has been 'devastated'.Theres nothing more brilliant than watching a red fox wander across a frosty field in the countryside. I think we should appreciate that foxes are still found in their natural habitat and pity these urban ones rather than gather up a hatred for them. Oh and I'm no anti, I'd just like to say before some jumps the gun, i just appreciate the cunning and brilliant survival instinct of these animals.

You don't have to be an anti to enjoy seeing animals. I enjoy seeing all types of animals, hell, I even admire the intelligenge of magpies, seeing them use their brains to methodicly hunt a hedge looking for nests to rob. Of cousre, it's even better when the pellet hits it with a whack, and seeing it's nest robbing days come to an end! There's nothing wrong with having a healthy respect for your quarry, it's that side of things that the anti's don't understand. We probably have more respect for our quarry, than any anti has for the same animal, purely because we understand them better.

You don't have to be an anti to enjoy seeimg animals. I enjoy seeing all types of animals, hell, I even admire the intelligenge of magpies, seeing them use their brains to methodicly hunt a hedge looking for nests to rob. Of cousre, it's even better when the pellet hits it with a whack, and seeing it's nest robbing days come to an end! There's nothing wrong with having a healthy respect for your quarry, it's that side of things that the anti's don't understand. We probably have more respect for our quarry, than any anti has for the same animal, purely because we understand them better.

Totally go along with Maltenby, the Magpie is a pain in the butt for almost everyone but I admire it as a predator and survivor immensley, it is brilliant at what it does. I also rate the Fox as my favourite "wild" UK animal. One in good condition is beatiful and Majestic, a joy to behold. But I never have a problem pulling the trigger!

And it's sad to hear of wild animals resorting to scrounging around human shit for a living because their natural environment has been 'devastated'.this is only true in a small part, the main reason there are so many foxes now in urban areas is because they are lazy but clever opportunists, mankind makes life easy for them in the urban situation with plenty of food and shelter....so move in fox! ....and pity these urban ones why should we pity the urban fox, they are very happy?

With specific regard to "Hunting" the urban fox,.... well not much these days, hunting is done mainly by trapping or ambushing really!

There are a few round here. The town I live isn't huge and you don't have to go far to get into some countryside but the urban foxes are rife.

Driving home through a village recently and there was one, bold as brass outside the village stores!

i wll back claire up on that,i got stalked by one last time home as i was staggering home pissed.. it was after my fish supper the c*nt..came right up to me so i tried to kick it and went on my nelly,,have heard there is a huge dog fox that sits beside the taxi rank in paisley begging for food of people at the weekends seems he has a likeing for kebabs and pizzas :clapper:

Haha,...You really cant compair our Glasgow foxes to you little Paisley ones no way man a feel a gang fight coming on here :boxing::boxing:

No really tho walk the streets at night here and you see them everywere,.....few of my neigbours even feed them! Theres one that been coming round my back garden everynight trying to dig out my little sisters dead cat from a grave she has made for it :no: Sit there at night and you can bet your house that it will come along at some point and dig away