Incest kits - bro and sis

You dont need meat in every ferret meal if you are feeding the ferret meat anyway this is a nutritenal boost. You might want to try it sometime mine have amazing coats now, before they were all dry and there skin wasnt the best. It seems to have done the trick i feed mine this mix, rabbit and ferret food.

all the best ollie

Edited by olliedakennard

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

one of my ferts, had been fed mainly on dry food before he came to me, had very course hair, dry was still put down in the court for him, along with the bowl of rabbit for all the others, over time he has become a big rabbit fan, with the occasional egg, once in a blue moon, looks like he's been using vidal susoon (conditioner) now, so maybe RABBIT has all that they need

some may say that a wild polecat would eat eggs/milk in the wild, if they could find them, true, but getting their paws on sugar,breadcrumbs and a microwave may take some doing

Stubby i said as an extra, ferrets dont get there balls chopped off in the wild they dont get collars put on so im sure a bit of nutritien wont harm then but only help with there digestive system and there coat, i am not saying rabbit is not good enough as i use rabbit aswell but this is a good meal for my ferrets and they seem to love it.

all the best ollie

olliedakennard, I think your off the mark with this one, I mean how much more nutritionally balanced a meal can you give a carnivore than a whole rabbit, your ferrets may love the microwave meal, but they would eat bread and milk, that doesn't mean it's any good for them.

Egg and milk are good for ferrets the sprinkle of sugar and the bread is an extra i know it isnt the most healthy meal for a ferret but, it seems to be popular in the ferret court lol I dont want an arguement about it just saying it might help somone.

all the best ollie

It might help someone, especially if they have a ferret who is meat intolerant :whistling:

Ollie ferrets need meat protein there digestive tract is short that means any food they eat has to be of the higest quality because it passes through them so quickly, so feeding bread, milk & sugar & an egg will not give them enough in the way of nutrients , this is why they need meat protein & fat

If you intend to breed i would seriously think hard as i suspect you will feed this mixture to any kits you have, its asking for trouble, all you will end up with is hungry kits & to be honest i dont think your clued up enough to be embarking on any kind of breeding programme if this kind of advice is what your giving others :no:

Its a litttle bit like putting diesel in a car thats ment to be filled with petrol, it will pack up , food is fuel so feed the best quality species appropriate & you shouldnt have any problems :thumbs:

Sorry folks but it had to be said

Heya kay, if you read what i said, i said that i feed my ferrets dry food and rabbit and this mixture as a additional extra, and i am not going to feed it to my kits as i have filled the freezer with rabbits that my friends and i have caught. This is what i intend to feed my baby ferrets. And i do know what i am doing as i have read up and i have been to see my mate who has now bred his ferrets and i spent a day helping him.

all the best ollie

i have been told, 1 egg a week anymore causes hairloss...

THINK MAYBE BECAUSE FREDS HAVE BEEN DOMESTICATED FOR SO LONG AND FED ON SOME PRETTY UNATURAL DIETS THE SURVIVORS HAVE GENETICALLY BECOME MORE TOLERANT OF A JUNK-FOOD DIET THAN SAY A WILD POLECAT WOULD BE .PURE MEAT ALONE NEEDS ADDITIONS TO MIMIC A NATURAL DIET AS A WHOLE BIRD/MAMMAL CORPSE PROVIDES FUR,BONE VITAMIN LADEN ORGANS,AND DIGESTED VEGETABLE MATTER,UNLAID EGGS ,UNBORN YOUNG ETC.NOT JUST PURE MUSCLE FLESH.THATS A PRETTY MIXED DIET IN ONE HIT. I KEEP HENS SO MY FREDS DO HAVE PROBABLY THE EQUIVALENT OF AN EGG OR TWO A WEEK EACH.sOMETIMES MIXED WITH A BIT OF MILKY MASHED POTATOE OR UNSALTED PORRIDGE.tHIS IS THEIR JUNK-FOOD/CREAM CAKE TREAT,NOT THEIR STAPLE DIET! i'VE READ ENOUGH ABOUT FEEDING TOO MANY EGGS,TOO MUCH MILK ETC BEING AN UNWISE COURSE OF ACTIONTO HAVE ANY NEED OR DESIRE TO TRY TO DISPROVE THE THEORY JUST TO SCORE POINTS. PETTY SOME OF THE INBREEDERS DON'T FEEL THE SAME. HOW LONG TILL WE SEE A SILVER -MITT FERRET SITTIN ON A BRIDGE PLAYIN A BANJO ! :hmm: PS,sorry for using capital letters.I've been rightly reminded it is poor etiquette.(Hope I've spelt "etiquette" right or I'll be kicked out of the typing pool for sure.)Cheers.

Edited by comanche

hiya all.....

my jill is now really coming into season swelling more and mroe everyday..

BUT

there is like a little bit of green/yellow stuff coming from her vulva, i foned the vets and they said its normal, they discharge this when in season... i know there was a post a few weeks ago "my jill leaking green stuff" and the guy (sorry cant remember name) said he took her to the vets and they gave her an injection....

is this normal?

should i take her to vets and what injection is it???

many thanks

jazz