He's on his way down now, a quick bbq and then they're going off on the bikes somewhere. I've got an app called life 360 on the phone so I can track wherever he is. He might be 40 but it don't stop me worrying! Last year he had a bad fall in the same area and drove back to Somerset unable to use his right arm.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
16 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Proper trip that is!!

Are they stopping at the Nevis range with the vans mate??

Fair play to them.. I'm well envious!!

Yep, the van and the car with the tentbox on top. Tomorrow they're going up again on the MTBs. Then a rest day before the next bit, they're watching for a weather window to do a 2 night 3 day kayak trip around the Orkneys. They've got a few days booked in a croft somewhere so the girlfriends and Jims mum are flying up to join them. Sadly I couldn't make this trip but I did Snowdon with them last year. Well they did Snowdon, I stayed and did some kayaking, cooked their meals and did their laundry! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Timmy H said:

Yep, the van and the car with the tentbox on top. Tomorrow they're going up again on the MTBs. Then a rest day before the next bit, they're watching for a weather window to do a 2 night 3 day kayak trip around the Orkneys. They've got a few days booked in a croft somewhere so the girlfriends and Jims mum are flying up to join them. Sadly I couldn't make this trip but I did Snowdon with them last year. Well they did Snowdon, I stayed and did some kayaking, cooked their meals and did their laundry! 🤣

I thought it was there mate. Cracking spot it is. Been up on the gondolas a few times over the years but never with a bike. It's a great way for people less able to experience mountain top views.  Watched a fair few coming down the trail on their MTB's as the trail winds and twists under the route the gondolas uses. Remember seeing one young girl really ripping it up and doing some massive jumps! She had way more balls than me! Sounds a cracking trip your son is having mate.. hope the weather stays nice for them!

Couple of pics of my girls from over the years up near the cafe where the down hill trail begins!

DSC01758-01.jpeg.784677c333c65ec969eb6c1645fb5445.jpeg

20210731_142918.jpg.97e5c579ca29329af7507dabd8eb33f0.jpg

Only had the eldest daughter first time I went up and she was only 10 months old. Took the lurcher and GSP up there back then too!

• Like 5

Jim spent a couple of weeks on the NC 500 last year, would have been longer but he went down a bike trail that was worse than expected. Came a cropper and buggered his right arm and shoulder.

• Sad 1

They got the ferry to Stromness today, smooth crossing. Settled into a lovely place with a sea view. The lads have been out on the kayaks for a try out while they plan a 2 night wild camp. It's warmer up there than down here!

IMG-20240518-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20240518-WA0005.jpg

• Like 1