• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TBH I only watch it now when the GOAT is playing that is Ronnie O Sullivan. The one match that sticks in my memory from the past was when Steve Davis lost to Dennis Taylor it was the talk amongst most

I’m watching it. O’Sullivan has got to be favourite, look at what he’s done this season, but it depends where his heads at ! Cheers.

I think there’s only Trump left in that can give him problems….. but with Ronnie, he gives himself more problems than any other player ! I keep saying, if his head is right, he’s unbeatable !

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I’m watching it.

O’Sullivan has got to be favourite, look at what he’s done this season, but it depends where his heads at !

Cheers.

I’m surprised he’s never won sports personality of the year for what he’s achieved. 

McGuire looked good the other night

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Dutch said:

I’m surprised he’s never won sports personality of the year for what he’s achieved. 

McGuire looked good the other night

Because he doesnt toe the line of respectability.....thats one of them awards only the squeaky clean get.

Ronnie has to be favourite though id imagine that Shaun Murphy chap is in with a shout....wheres the Australian geezer his name escapes me but he's normally there or thereabouts.....must admit i dont get into it until about the quarter finals.....always fancied going to The Crucible just not sure i could sit still and quiet long enough,anyone else been ?

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Because he doesnt toe the line of respectability.....thats one of them awards only the squeaky clean get.

Ronnie has to be favourite though id imagine that Shaun Murphy chap is in with a shout....wheres the Australian geezer his name escapes me but he's normally there or thereabouts.....must admit i dont get into it until about the quarter finals.....always fancied going to The Crucible just not sure i could sit still and quiet long enough,anyone else been ?

Neil Robertson ?

Cheers.

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

True, it always seem to tilt that way. 

I just think it’s an underrated sport. I used to play a lot but never seem to make any progress. Other sports you put effort in and can see yourself develop… maybe I was just sh*te

Neil Robertson? I think he failed to qualify this year mate. A few of the old faces are there, with a new crop of Chinese

I went to Ally Pally once and found it too intense and a bit boring - definitely one for the old armchair 

• Thanks 1

Ive always been a decent Pool player but just cant make the adjustments to Snooker as young lads we used to go to an all night Snooker hall over Bermondsey way it would be full of Chinese taxi drivers betting fortunes on games......being as how popular the game is with them it always surprised me taking so long to see top Chinese players but a few seem to be coming to the front now.

Neil Robertson thats him.....not sure how it works with qualification dont they have to build up ranking points or something to automatically qualify,always seemed a top player that lad.

I always like to witness the iconic sporting venues but yes maybe just an armchair one the Snooker.....a bit like the old Ski Sunday watched with a nice mug of hot tea :laugh:

On 24/04/2024 at 16:19, chartpolski said:

O’Sullivan is playing exhibition snooker here !

Cheers.

McGuire started well against Murphy. 

I didn’t know there was bad blood between them 

42 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Come on stewy!!

Stuart Bingham one of my favourite players.

Don't like jack lisowski, he just looks SLY!!  🤓

Yeah he’s decent, and a hammer

I know what you mean about Lisowski, but every time he does an interview he seems a  nice fella

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Yeah he’s decent, and a hammer

I know what you mean about Lisowski, but every time he does an interview he seems a  nice fella

Yeah, I just really like Stuart Bingham. 

No nonsense, GREAT player, but with none of the ego etc of other really good players.

• Like 1

TBH I only watch it now when the GOAT is playing that is Ronnie O Sullivan. The one match that sticks in my memory from the past was when Steve Davis lost to Dennis Taylor it was the talk amongst most lads at work at the time.

• Like 2