1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Anyone on hear ever seen a Golden oriole it's a bird as well as the hoopoe i would like to see in the wild.

Seen a hoopoe the other year on  the bowling green at flamborough 

2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Anyone on hear ever seen a Golden oriole it's a bird as well as the hoopoe i would like to see in the wild.

saw my first Golden Oriole yesterday but no photo,saw my first Hoopoe on the 18/09/21

1782015064_DSC_0251(2).jpg.e7fcba7a7932049ace5d9932a61f039e.jpg

• Like 4
2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

this could be your year,there's been quite a big influx of Golden Orioles into the UK in the last week

• Like 1

Only once have I seen Golden Orioles at Whitesands bay in Cornwall. Was about 60 years ago when I was a kid staying in the chalets on the cliff with my family. We watched a pair of them below us on the blackthorn and gorse didn't know what they were for a while as never had a bird book with us and no www then.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 09/04/2024 at 22:41, leegreen said:

Greenfinches went some years ago. They warned to not feed in the summer, because of the transfer of some disease?

We get plenty of Goldfinches and this year we have a good number of Siskins. 

It's strange that they carry this disease Green Finches. My pal years ago used to collect eggs from green finches. Many song birds. Think back in the 50s & 60s it was the norm egg collecting. He used to collect eggs plus keep birds. And he told me about the Green Finch & this disease. Told me don't buy any Green finches off guys you don't really know. Because they may of been wild caught.