Just been watching the news about raw spillage from the water companies. That it won't be re- Corrected till 2050 nearly another 30 years. Just shown you raw spillage going into the sea around the east coast early morning when us guys wake up. The guy speaking said that the spillage that they've gone through. Has been holding alot of medication. And some sea specimens have been found with cocaine in their systems. A don't get how that can be. ? Many with chemicals from anti depressants. f***ing crazy how the water works can get away with this. 

• Like 2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been watching the news about raw spillage from the water companies. That it won't be re- Corrected till 2050 nearly another 30 years. Just shown you raw spillage going into the sea around the eas

God forbid they build 'new build' sewage plants on brown field or ex army sites etc, no because its easier and cheaper to expand. If they had all these 100s of millions ready to expand they could've h

I've mentioned this in a previous thread but I can tell you this very minute tankers of waste from commercials sites are being rejected from the local sewage treatment plant because they cannot cope w

Posted Images

On 27/03/2024 at 06:43, Bangersanmash said:

Just been watching the news about raw spillage from the water companies. That it won't be re- Corrected till 2050 nearly another 30 years. Just shown you raw spillage going into the sea around the east coast early morning when us guys wake up. The guy speaking said that the spillage that they've gone through. Has been holding alot of medication. And some sea specimens have been found with cocaine in their systems. A don't get how that can be. ? Many with chemicals from anti depressants. f***ing crazy how the water works can get away with this. 

I've mentioned this in a previous thread but I can tell you this very minute tankers of waste from commercials sites are being rejected from the local sewage treatment plant because they cannot cope with the volumes of waste. This isn't all about profits our little Island can no longer cope with the amounts of waste we produce we are at bursting point. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

I've mentioned this in a previous thread but I can tell you this very minute tankers of waste from commercials sites are being rejected from the local sewage treatment plant because they cannot cope with the volumes of waste. This isn't all about profits our little Island can no longer cope with the amounts of waste we produce we are at bursting point. 

Well the same can be said about lots of food process sites, most can't handle what's produced and owners/shareholders don't want to spend on expanding, effluent always seems to be last on the list , they'd rather pay petty fines and increase production....a cheese place I've worked, for example can't handle their own effluent, constantly brimming bunds and local farmers paid handsome to remove it, probably getting dumped on fields, Italian owners I believe. Same can probably be said for half the food process companies in the UK , they've put the death of the Wye ruver down to the chicken process place. Corruption and lack of enforcement, in case we lose all those jobs that are mostly filled with cheap labour from abroad.

14 hours ago, Borr said:

Well the same can be said about lots of food process sites, most can't handle what's produced and owners/shareholders don't want to spend on expanding, effluent always seems to be last on the list , they'd rather pay petty fines and increase production....a cheese place I've worked, for example can't handle their own effluent, constantly brimming bunds and local farmers paid handsome to remove it, probably getting dumped on fields, Italian owners I believe. Same can probably be said for half the food process companies in the UK , they've put the death of the Wye ruver down to the chicken process place. Corruption and lack of enforcement, in case we lose all those jobs that are mostly filled with cheap labour from abroad.

Totally agree but in some cases they will spend to expand but they are being blocked at every turn simple fact is nobody wants a sewage treatment plant on their doorstep. And yep its criminal that the water companies are taking us for all they can but aren't all businesses. We as the guardians of this planet and consumers of products have a lot to answer for we all want is more more more and complain when we have to suffer the consequences sometimes we have to take responsibility for our actions as well.  You cant blame any company for what I clear up regularly at my local park lake.

w.jpg

Edited by TRUEBRIT66

The water company's have been taking the piss ever since privatisation. No investment till it all started to go tits up, not one reservoir built since privatisation. Here in the South West they pollute nearly every beach and river every time it rains. When privatisation took place we in the South West were told we would have to pay more because of our long coast line and it would take more money to clean up. Well they have had all the money all that time but did f**k all, now talking about charging more to fix their problem. I've been firing some fucks into my MP as its them that have let them get away with this. He's fed up with me now Lol and just answers "I take this on board" yeah right.

Should have never been privatised as its a monopoly you cant go to another board for your water.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Arry said:

The water company's have been taking the piss ever since privatisation. No investment till it all started to go tits up, not one reservoir built since privatisation. Here in the South West they pollute nearly every beach and river every time it rains. When privatisation took place we in the South West were told we would have to pay more because of our long coast line and it would take more money to clean up. Well they have had all the money all that time but did f**k all, now talking about charging more to fix their problem. I've been firing some fucks into my MP as its them that have let them get away with this. He's fed up with me now Lol and just answers "I take this on board" yeah right.

Should have never been privatised as its a monopoly you cant go to another board for your water.

Cheers Arry

Since they were privatised, Combined they have borrowed fifty something billion against there companies, whilst at the same time paying there share holders roughly the same amount in dividends. Themes water want to raise bills by 40% after the share holders went back on a 500 million investment they had agreed to. Essential services like water and sewerage should never have been privatised.  

7 minutes ago, paulus said:

Since they were privatised, Combined they have borrowed fifty something billion against there companies, whilst at the same time paying there share holders roughly the same amount in dividends. Themes water want to raise bills by 40% after the share holders went back on a 500 million investment they had agreed to. Essential services like water and sewerage should never have been privatised.  

Absolutely could not agree more.

Cheers Arry

On 03/04/2024 at 21:28, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

I'm devastated by the state of our rivers and seas but a massive percentage of the dividends paid out to investors are propping up the pension companies that pay our private pensions.

Again its shocking but its hypocritical to blame just the water companies we also have to take some of the blame, every time someone empties their half used pint of milk down the drain, buy a yogurt, drink a beer or even have household waste taken to landfill (creates leachate) we add to the problem and create waste that needs to be treated . We are too small a island to continue down this route and not suffer the consequences all the investment in the world will not fix that.   

• Like 1

Sewage in rivers and sea lays firmly at water companies door, I don't know what you're defending the indefensible for, they been under investing and raping it from day one of privatisation and now it'll be renationalised ie paid for by taxpayers and then sold at a loss to investors to repeat the process...

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

I'm devastated by the state of our rivers and seas but a massive percentage of the dividends paid out to investors are propping up the pension companies that pay our private pensions.

Again its shocking but its hypocritical to blame just the water companies we also have to take some of the blame, every time someone empties their half used pint of milk down the drain, buy a yogurt, drink a beer or even have household waste taken to landfill (creates leachate) we add to the problem and create waste that needs to be treated . We are too small a island to continue down this route and not suffer the consequences all the investment in the world will not fix that.   

It's blatant by the water company's though. South West Water had 58.000 spills 530.000 hours in 2023. Last week really every beach on the south coast of Devon had sewage alerts. A woman trying to sue the water board in Exmouth was told you don't have a right to swim in the sea and they don't have to make sure the seas and rivers are not polluted. Well In my option its about time this was sorted and they are brought to book.

Cheers Arry

57 minutes ago, Borr said:

Sewage in rivers and sea lays firmly at water companies door, I don't know what you're defending the indefensible for, they been under investing and raping it from day one of privatisation and now it'll be renationalised ie paid for by taxpayers and then sold at a loss to investors to repeat the process...

I'm not defending it I'm explaining why its happening.

We create too much waste its very simple, the infrastructure in place is not capable of coping with the waste we produce. Our local sewage treatment plant expansion was blocked by the residents for years and is only now going ahead regardless of the thousands of extra houses that have been built in that period that are serviced by it.

Strongford sewage treatment plant £40 million expansion blocked by residents. Google it every time a expansion or new treatment plant is required there are objections.

Wessex Water have a sewage treatment plant in somerset that has been there for years, residents were complaining about the artics collecting the Alum sludge, a by product of sewage treatment, passing through the village. Restriction have now been put on the collection times reducing treatment volumes, I could go on.

You cannot complain about raw sewage going into the rivers and sea and then complain about building new treatment plants or expansion of plants or a few lorries passing through your village.

Also the water companies produce profits that pay investors a vast amount of money that goes into our private pension a point everyone seems to be conveniently skipping over but happy to accept the proceeds from.  

57 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

I'm not defending it I'm explaining why its happening.

We create too much waste its very simple, the infrastructure in place is not capable of coping with the waste we produce. Our local sewage treatment plant expansion was blocked by the residents for years and is only now going ahead regardless of the thousands of extra houses that have been built in that period that are serviced by it.

Strongford sewage treatment plant £40 million expansion blocked by residents. Google it every time a expansion or new treatment plant is required there are objections.

Wessex Water have a sewage treatment plant in somerset that has been there for years, residents were complaining about the artics collecting the Alum sludge, a by product of sewage treatment, passing through the village. Restriction have now been put on the collection times reducing treatment volumes, I could go on.

You cannot complain about raw sewage going into the rivers and sea and then complain about building new treatment plants or expansion of plants or a few lorries passing through your village.

Also the water companies produce profits that pay investors a vast amount of money that goes into our private pension a point everyone seems to be conveniently skipping over but happy to accept the proceeds from.  

God forbid they build 'new build' sewage plants on brown field or ex army sites etc, no because its easier and cheaper to expand. If they had all these 100s of millions ready to expand they could've have at least fixed leaks replaced current infrastructure or built reservoirs or monitoring river systems of something. Let's face it if you were able to freeze funds on all investors assets I feel they would be able to overcome all of these issues they face...

• Like 2

Its all been done for a reason...they been telling us not to harvest shellfish etc from our coast line and rivers for 30 yrs or more...but its good enough for the french/Spanish to buy from us and eat it?every cnut has access to our waters for fishing....why do we import Lamb,beef,pork etc when we have the farmland etc here?,stop us keeping a few chickens etc,your discouraged from growing your own fruit and veg, and encouraged to spend out on takeaways and delivery....its there,plain as day in front of you...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Borr said:

God forbid they build 'new build' sewage plants on brown field or ex army sites etc, no because its easier and cheaper to expand. If they had all these 100s of millions ready to expand they could've have at least fixed leaks replaced current infrastructure or built reservoirs or monitoring river systems of something. Let's face it if you were able to freeze funds on all investors assets I feel they would be able to overcome all of these issues they face...

I think we can all agree what's happening is shocking and in the ideal world your spot on, but we don't live in a ideal world. You obviously have experience in the permitting, regulations requirements and placement for "new build" sewage treatment plants so I will leave it there.