New magazine to replace Countryman’s Weekly

In hindsight that was a rather crass post from myself. I loved the Shooting News and carried on subscribing to the Countryman's Weekly for many years. Some great contributors over the years such as Daergie (I forget the spelling?) and Phil Lloyd. Even D B Plummer, if nothing else his articles were never boring. I wish you every success in getting it off the ground. 

39 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

What happened to my post asking if Tracey Allen was involved in it ?

Cheers.

It was there when i looked earlier. 

1 minute ago, eastcoast said:

There's 2 threads with the same title.

Ahhh, gotcha ! Just scrolled down and found it .

I’m getting paranoid reading all the conspiracy threads on here ! LOL !

Cheers.

• Haha 4
5 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Will there be any known writers forwarding articles for this magazine? Regarding lurchers terriers and bushing dog's by any chance. 

Did  few for Mr Harcombe, His motives for publishing EDRD were 100% Honourable. I doubt whether i could say the same about any new field sport publication since. with the exception of Alberts. Irish country life magazine. 

3 minutes ago, paulus said:

Did  few for Mr Harcombe, His motives for publishing EDRD were 100% Honourable. I doubt whether i could say the same about any new field sport publication since. with the exception of Alberts. Irish country life magazine. 

Would that be Albert Titterington ? 
If so, a very nice man, I judged the whippet show for him at Birr Castle some years ago.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Would that be Albert Titterington ? 
If so, a very nice man, I judged the whippet show for him at Birr Castle some years ago.

Cheers.

Yes mate, He asked me a few years ago to to judge the lurchers at Shanes Castle i think it was, the 5 nations or something, When i took bad, he sent me free copies of the magazine, Yes mate he is a very genuine, nice bloke, 

Any thing like this can only be a good thing. The Welsh game fair got a slating in its later years as it went down the pan from my self and others. Now it’s gone and we have nothing though the local hunt do a fine one. But if we don’t support these things it will all be gone and we having nothing 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, paulus said:

Yes mate, He asked me a few years ago to to judge the lurchers at Shanes Castle i think it was, the 5 nations or something, When i took bad, he sent me free copies of the magazine, Yes mate he is a very genuine, nice bloke, 

Yeah, he paid our ferry fare and accommodation. We were there three days, I judged the whippets and was one of the three judges for the supreme working dog. My pal Danny Sykes won the Five Nations Terrier.

899698FB-2AEC-454F-9F03-D6A7BA7C7E3F.jpeg.a49f928fc94b46aa9333378861ac86ba.jpeg

Cheers.

• Like 1

Sadly not all are in it for the benefit of Country Sports and its Continuation, Such a shame, I believe you will understand what i am saying.