Disgusted

I'm ashamed that this is still happening to our beautiful Raptors. We know that some time the bigger Raptors may take livestock. But surely if you take a video or image & show the Rspbb or some other organisations they'll Reimburse the land owner for their loss. I'm sure there's something like this out there already. There no need for this ffs. The birds just going what's natural feeding to survive. They don't just kill for fun. 

WWW.BBC.COM

A rare species of eagle, which was reintroduced into the wild in 2022, has been found dead in Roscommon

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Sheep farmers over here shoot Wedge tailed eagles. I think they forget the eagles control the rabbits and foxes as well as young roos apart from them being awesome creatures. They take the odd lamb but mostly clean up the dead carcasses and vermin. I nearly lost a Russell pup to one but I still wouldn't shoot an eagle.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Sheep farmers over here shoot Wedge tailed eagles. I think they forget the eagles control the rabbits and foxes as well as young roos apart from them being awesome creatures. They take the odd lamb but mostly clean up the dead carcasses and vermin. I nearly lost a Russell pup to one but I still wouldn't shoot an eagle.

Arsehole mate they keep most of the critters that are on deaths door down too. So any critters that are suffering with diseases and threat of spreading the diseases further these guys will clean the mess up. Just like predator fish out there in our waters. But some fools don't understand the circle of life. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, j j m said:

man should have his hand chopped off for killing any bird of prey

240 years since these majestic birds were about our lands and you get prickds like that that go killing them. Was amazing to read that a pair had had a youngen over here. So were doing something right for them to nest & have young again 

3 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

240 years since these majestic birds were about our lands and you get prickds like that that go killing them. Was amazing to read that a pair had had a youngen over here. So were doing something right for them to nest & have young again 

I went to a talk last Tuesday evening on the reintroduction of white tailed eagles,came and spoke at our AGM ...

• Like 2

She didn't mention the exact places mate 😁...tbh With the state of the water quality and fish stocks last few seasons....cant see them being welcomed with open arms ...they should only be introduced to wilderness areas imo...not somewhere as busy and tourist wise,as the Wye/Seven corridor 👍

On 17/03/2024 at 22:30, Daniel cain said:

She didn't mention the exact places mate 😁...tbh With the state of the water quality and fish stocks last few seasons....cant see them being welcomed with open arms ...they should only be introduced to wilderness areas imo...not somewhere as busy and tourist wise,as the Wye/Seven corridor 👍

It will bring more tourists in to the area to view them. That means more money into the area I would imagine. 

15 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

It will bring more tourists in to the area to view them. That means more money into the area I would imagine. 

Theres enough f***ing idiots,walking about the wye valley and forest of dean as it is bangers...wild swimmers and the canoe brigade,we dont need anymore tourism...what we need is for the water companies and government to pull their f***ing fingers out and sort their shit out,not add to it by releasing extinct species back somewhere...there was a reason why they died out...best off sorting that out first , instead of adding to the  problem....the rivers are in serious decline, won't recover in our lifetimes,thats for sure...they thought it was a bright idea to release otters... believe me,thats not going to well for them...they litter the roads around here.... everything has a natural balance,until men come along and interfere with shit.👍

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Theres enough f***ing idiots,walking about the wye valley and forest of dean as it is bangers...wild swimmers and the canoe brigade,we dont need anymore tourism...what we need is for the water companies and government to pull their f***ing fingers out and sort their shit out,not add to it by releasing extinct species back somewhere...there was a reason why they died out...best off sorting that out first , instead of adding to the  problem....the rivers are in serious decline, won't recover in our lifetimes,thats for sure...they thought it was a bright idea to release otters... believe me,thats not going to well for them...they litter the roads around here.... everything has a natural balance,until men come along and interfere with shit.👍

Definitely you've hit the nail on the head about men interfering the wild life was here way before us so you've to respect it and manage it that's the reason for hunting to manage the population. Me & you may say we don't want tourists in the area but businesses won't be saying that tourism keeps some businesses going. 

On 17/03/2024 at 13:43, Bangersanmash said:

Think there's breeding pair down near Poole harbour...

Also beavers on the Bristol Avon breeding , radio program they'd gone looking for them but only saw a few otters , I think there's probably a place for beavers , there was talk about some of their dams meaning there were cattle drinks where some places ran dry and the prunes willow etc creates habitat for lots of other endangered species, birds insect etc. it's almost a shame we're such a small island with such a huge population, it seems almost impossible to have wilderness with the amount of towns cities and numbers of people....

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c06l7e0edx2o 

See this?