Whippet, 7 month, 17tts and 17 pounds.

Had three out of three blown leaves and also a cat's tail.

Very vocal. Barks at the doorbell,strange noises,cats and for us to open doors. It's my Mrs dog and she barks / bullies her for food and to be played with when she's bored.

Had sight hounds for fifty odd years and they were mostly silent .This little sod is a surprise.

Single handed this morning. Two mile course. Coup de grace with rifle. Good throat grip,no god damn arse biting.

Might put Italian grey over her. P M me for price.

IMG-20240124-WA0000.jpg

Edited by jukel123
On 24/01/2024 at 04:37, jukel123 said:

Too rough on the ears.

20240123_173314.jpg

Real feral pigs are a nightmare with the whippets when your rabbiting, the dogs hate them and a lot of whippets will swing on an ear and get dragged around. I know a few hunters who got whippets as bailers but they ended up lugging. A bit dangerous for the little dogs. Nice pup mate.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Real feral pigs are a nightmare with the whippets when your rabbiting, the dogs hate them and a lot of whippets will swing on an ear and get dragged around. I know a few hunters who got whippets as bailers but they ended up lugging. A bit dangerous for the little dogs. Nice pup mate.

Does Australia still have plagues of rabbits? We have a new virus here ,RHD , which is deadlier than myxie. Seems to wipe them out with very little sign of recovery.  Any sign of it in Oz?

14 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Does Australia still have plagues of rabbits? We have a new virus here ,RHD , which is deadlier than myxie. Seems to wipe them out with very little sign of recovery.  Any sign of it in Oz?

I have all but given up hunting now but what I've heard they can still be in huge numbers in South Australia. Not great number in NSW but there are pockets. We have new viruses over here but they will never eradicate rabbits. In my area there are more pigs than rabbits, my Parson Russell flushed out a big boar on my property yesterday when the mrs was walking him. We are only on 25 acres but get pigs, deer, rabbits, fox plus all the native animals. When we had jersey steers on the place you never saw anything.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I have all but given up hunting now but what I've heard they can still be in huge numbers in South Australia. Not great number in NSW but there are pockets. We have new viruses over here but they will never eradicate rabbits. In my area there are more pigs than rabbits, my Parson Russell flushed out a big boar on my property yesterday when the mrs was walking him. We are only on 25 acres but get pigs, deer, rabbits, fox plus all the native animals. When we had jersey steers on the place you never saw anything.

you have hunting on your doorstep

and still can’t be arsed lol typical whippet owner lol

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, mC HULL said:

you have hunting on your doorstep

and still can’t be arsed lol typical whippet owner lol

I hunted for 45 years and caught more game in any one year than you have in your lifetime mc fuckwit but I've always had good dogs, it makes a difference.👍 

• Haha 1