Hunting ," from across the pond"

A good Monday to you all. I just joined your forum not much more than 30 minutes ago & thought I should contribute a few pictures from California.

We've a few more accepted game species / pests over here that are airgun rated. So without further adieu, some of them taken by myself over the past year, all with break barrel springers -

Rabbit, ground squirrel, Rattlesnake( a venomous hazard). Also some quail & collared doves , but misplaced pictures.

20191205_073412.jpg

20220603_154700.jpg

20220717_090432.jpg

• Like 6

Welcome aboard, it will be interesting to see how your hunting is compared to here albeit that most of the UK air rifles are restricted to sub 12fpe (ft/lb). A few of us on this forum use what is termed in the UK as FAC airgun which means the gun can be any power level but we need to have a 'firearms certificate' to own and use one. What power level is your springer.

The rattle snake looks an interesting target although I would keep my distance of those critters.

Phil

• Like 1
5 hours ago, philpot said:

Welcome aboard, it will be interesting to see how your hunting is compared to here albeit that most of the UK air rifles are restricted to sub 12fpe (ft/lb). A few of us on this forum use what is termed in the UK as FAC airgun which means the gun can be any power level but we need to have a 'firearms certificate' to own and use one. What power level is your springer.

The rattle snake looks an interesting target although I would keep my distance of those critters.

Phil

Thanks for the welcome Phil. 😊 While we have no power ceilings here, I ( withhold 1 rifle - my HW95) hunt mostly with sub 12 ft - lbs as well. Three HW 99s ( .177, .20 & .22), HW30s & .177 HW35 E all at U.K. " full power". The snakes are kept at rifle distance - mostly.😊

• Like 1

As our ( California) hunting seasons are coming to an end - Small game/ Upland bird :

Rabbit - July1st - Jan. 30th

Grey Squirrel - Sept. - January.

Wild Turkey - spring & Fall seasons.

Quail & Partridge - September - January, Only leaves me Collared Doves & ground squirrel( pests) to hunt , so I'll post hunts when I can.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...