Bio-Flow dog collars. Any experience of them?

My eldest kelpie is just coming up for ten next month. Since he was involved in an RTA eight years ago, he's been suffering from a gradually worsening limp. Initially it was only after a decent walk but it's now all the time. After the most recent visit to the vet they said he has arthritis. I was offered a monthly jab if his condition worsens, or advised to give him half a paracetamol per day. I've tried the paracetamol but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

This morning, while walking him around the local wood, I met up with a friend and her two long coated German shepherd bitches. One is ten and often doesn't come out with her as her arthritis is getting so bad. However, this morning she told me that she's had a transformation thanks to getting her a magnetic bio-flow collar. I could see the difference with my own eyes: full of life, bouncing around, standing on her back legs mouth-jousting! 

I've read lots of reviews of their bangles for humans. Some saying they've transformed the wearers lives and others saying it's all placebo. But surely a placebo of that kind wouldn't work on a dog unless it was actually working.

Has anybody had any experience of them? Positive or negative. Dog or human.

• Like 1

I went ahead and ordered one and it arrived yesterday.

A lot of the reviewers said they noticed a difference in under forty eight hours but I'll keep him on his usual two x one hour walks until the weekend and then try him on a longer walk to the forest at the weekend and see how he does. To be honest, I'm not expecting much improvement. Although he has arthritis I assume his 'drunken walk' is also mainly down to the accident. It was a front leg which popped out of the socket but, as he was dragged along by the car, there must have been some additional damage to his rear end as, when he's standing still, he brings his back feet together and sways slightly. More of a triangular base than a 'leg in each corner' stance that he had as a pup.

On 23/01/2024 at 20:07, Neal said:

I went ahead and ordered one and it arrived yesterday.

Could you report back about them Neal, either way. I hate giving the dogs chemicals and prescription drugs and prefer natural remedies if possible. Who knows until you try it out on them., probably worth a go.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to sit on the fence for a tad longer.

As I suspected, the nature of his injuries from the RTA were such that he'll always have a bit of a limp (which has understandably worsened with age). However, What I was hoping for, and what seems to have happened, is that it's lessened how uncomfortable he feels. Before, he'd have his walk and then say, 'thanks for that, I'm knackered now so I'm sleeping until you take me out again this evening.' He does seem to have a bit more energy and to have regained some of his youth; in a similar way to the German Shepherd bitch we met recently. 

However, that could simply be placebo. Not that he's thinking I must be better because I've got a brand new collar but that I might be noticing changes that were there already or that I'm imagining them. He has managed a few longer walks recently (more than three hours) and hasn't been plodding behind me like a donkey on the return leg. 

Maud starts her season soon so I'll have more chances to take Noggin on some longer walks and can see if he can take more frequent long walks again. You never know, he may have enough energy to get his leg over if I decide to breed from her in a few years time. A few weeks ago I'd have expected that activity to make him fall over.