One for the youngen

Well thanks to one of the lads on here a bought a cheap Rat catcher for my 14 year old lad. He was chuffed to bits with the gun. But the gun has had some use before hand it's an old gun. And the thing I've found the scopes don't sits so clever on the mounts bit of movement in them. So I'm looking for another cheap air riffle. Anyone any ideas on guns or maybe has one willing to let go. There's that many out in the shops now you don't know where to start. So was guessing some of the lads on here will have kids and used many of the guns out there. 

Have a look at Stoeger junior airguns,got given 1,cleaned it up,shoots spot on...they start from £75,are nice and light,short,easy to cock...

My boy also shoots a Crosman Rabbit Stopper in  22 cal...

Gamo do a starter range..

May be worth taking him to a shop and letting him shoulder/cock a few first👍

• Like 3

I would get him a nice little break barrel air rifle mate. When i was a kid growing up in the 60s and 70s airguns were not frowned upon like they are in todays sociaty and we had the choice of guns like the BSA meteor and small air rifles made by webley. Hope the lads happy with what you get him .

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I would get him a nice little break barrel air rifle mate. When i was a kid growing up in the 60s and 70s airguns were not frowned upon like they are in todays sociaty and we had the choice of guns like the BSA meteor and small air rifles made by webley. Hope the lads happy with what you get him .

Something like this is ideal...half price of a HW30 etc👍

WWW.ABGUNSMITHS.CO.UK

Stoeger RX5 Combo Junior Air Rifle 10J. RX5 comes with 4x32 Scope and mounts. Storger RX5 compact and...

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Something like this is ideal...half price of a HW30 etc👍

WWW.ABGUNSMITHS.CO.UK

Stoeger RX5 Combo Junior Air Rifle 10J. RX5 comes with 4x32 Scope and mounts. Storger RX5 compact and...

Cheers Danny guna take him to local gun shop after new year. 

10 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Used to have a BSA meteor myself back in day. Plus the hw 97 that was some gun. I was more talking about psp guns. But like you say a think he'll have more fun with break barrel. Just that kick back you used to get as a kid on shoulder Lol. Your first ever pellet through a break barrel gun 😆. Them were the days. We take it all for granted now well youngens do nowa days Lol. A remember putting 2ps behind the springs to give it more power. 

• Like 2

SMK whilst not on my radar do offer some cheap but underated pcp guns that I know have proved good little guns for juniors, one in particular is around £200 new so not to much of a stretch. My buddy bought one of their pcp pistols which is superb, Wortth a look.

Phil

On 26/12/2023 at 11:07, villaman said:

My first air gun exactly 50 years ago yesterday BSA Meteor  at the age of 13 and still have it today. A great air rifle to start of with 

50 years ago at the age of 13................................................well it's Xmas so I will let that one slip by. 🤣😙

1 hour ago, philpot said:

50 years ago at the age of 13................................................well it's Xmas so I will let that one slip by. 🤣😙

Thanks Phil , doesn’t time fly . Feels like yesterday to me . I shot that gun every day until I was about 16 when I had moped for my birthday, then at 17 had a car for my birthday. Plus night clubs , pubs ,  larger  , girls came and gone most weeks had a great time up until  I got married at 37 lol

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Similar to you lot, I started on a meteor , then a supersport , the Oldman had a hw35e , airsporter, then I had a theoben gas ram countryman carbine that could be pumped up and down lol. Then the pcp's . 

I took kids this morning to a local target club, told to move by a rather rude chap then hung around for 45mins, reminded me how boring those f***ing places are lol , eldest was feeling ill so we left , I've now decided to make a plinking range on the decking as garden is a bit steep and small, deck I've got 10m width okay for some plinking, I've been looking online today and I've decided on a small low power break barrel, initially I wondered if I wanted them to mimic my experiences but I think going straight to PCP removes some of the skill and danger lol. As well as making each shot less important. Anyway there's a few to chose from, see what comes up in the next few weeks but I'm liking the hw30 and some of the budget ones , be nice to have them learn some gun safety and a bit of cleaning etc.

• Like 4
On 27/12/2023 at 13:44, villaman said:

Thanks Phil , doesn’t time fly . Feels like yesterday to me . I shot that gun every day until I was about 16 when I had moped for my birthday, then at 17 had a car for my birthday. Plus night clubs , pubs ,  larger  , girls came and gone most weeks had a great time up until  I got married at 37 lol

A love that married bit most of us know the feeling. 😆 

• Haha 2