Gold panning thread ?

1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

Steve, you can gold pan, a tenner for a day ticket, at Leadhills in the Scottish Borders. I used to go there rabbiting, but would often chat with gold panners.  Had half a fancy to have a go and make up a ring for the Mrs,  but it's cold up there so f**k it. They run a course on how to do it at the local museum.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, king said:

Neil posted some Interesting things on that thread aswell..

Don`t know what happened there but if a thread like that goes t*ts up whats the bloody point of posting anything thats not about dogs or ferrets.

been on here quite a few years now and things have changed a lot, used to be a bit wild with the banter but it was mainly just that, banter, now too much just ends up with the same culprits getting into an arguement that goes on and on to the point where good people just end up saying sod it and leave.

Might be time for me to do the same as I don`t spend half the time here as I used to, Mods need to have a good think on which direction they want the forum to take as it seems to going the way of many others and slowly shrinking in active members.

• Like 7
20 minutes ago, neil82 said:

Don`t know what happened there but if a thread like that goes t*ts up whats the bloody point of posting anything thats not about dogs or ferrets.

been on here quite a few years now and things have changed a lot, used to be a bit wild with the banter but it was mainly just that, banter, now too much just ends up with the same culprits getting into an arguement that goes on and on to the point where good people just end up saying sod it and leave.

Might be time for me to do the same as I don`t spend half the time here as I used to, Mods need to have a good think on which direction they want the forum to take as it seems to going the way of many others and slowly shrinking in active members.

I think it's disrespectful to members who contribute to a thread, that in all truth was quite interesting and a bit unusual, to simply delete all they have spent time and thought on posting, without a single word of explanation !

Yes, there may be a perfectly valid reason for deleting the thread, although I can't see why it couldn't have been tidied up with just the offending posts deleted, or the members being given a  brief explanation for the deletion, I'd consider that common courtesy.

I agree with your point in wondering what's the point in posting on one of the more interesting threads on here, only for it to be deleted without explanation.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Everytime theres an interesting thread...people contribute,and then the threads are removed and everything lost...some of the best threads on here have been removed because of a few bad eggs....members who always contribute something,have left in their droves,and the wankers come back on and carry on regardless....same when someone throws their dummy out,ask to leave,and then all their   contents are  gone....its no wonder no one posts no more 👍

10 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Everytime theres an interesting thread...people contribute,and then the threads are removed and everything lost...some of the best threads on here have been removed because of a few bad eggs....members who always contribute something,have left in their droves,and the wankers come back on and carry on regardless....same when someone throws their dummy out,ask to leave,and then all their   contents are  gone....its no wonder no one posts no more 👍

Unless its a genuine mistake, And i believe this is what happened to this particular thread, Then Threads can only be deleted if the member gets in touch with IanB and he authorises it,  He wont do it very often as it removes every thread ever started by the member. It also leaves holes in the threads they have commented on, From a moderators view there are issues with this new platform and one of them is the ability to deal with the same couple of people who only come on here to cause shit, Ask yourselves the question, Why are so many moderators not active anymore? 

• 2 months later...