Quick 20 mins

gaza

Not been out much ferreting proper. Dogs keep marking on my usual walk along public footpath. Was out later than I thought but thought I’ll take a ferret in my pocket. Although I wasn't incognito as some new black Friday ferreting clobber arrived I wanted to try on…sad I know 🤣  

Dogs didnt mark the bank at first which was typical per how keen they were day before. Then terrier started to mark, definitely rat way he was marking. Get ferret in quick as hes got a habbit of digging and covering the hole when its rat. As soon as ferret was down I could hear a young family top of the footpath🤦🏼‍♂️. Ferret down 5 mins rat bolted terrier straight on it. Find on embankments theres no in-between ,they either torpedo into water or sneak out, this one a sneaker under a tree. People in distance staring so buggered off, had stuff on anyway so not bad quick walk out and ferret surfaced quick. Think i’ll take ferret every walk now, leave a spade down there and chance dog walkers. Terrier going apeshit in van to stay out. 

728F678A-DCEC-49AA-934F-013E816173A3.jpeg

D50771F1-78C4-41D8-926F-04C0F6BEC4B3.jpeg

FBE885FA-D1C0-4B48-9768-B942C9666711.jpeg

7F3779AC-7E69-4371-A84D-BC3CB82DCC13.jpeg

• Like 14

I like that reminds me of my younger days with the terrier. I never left home with out a ferret in one canvas bags from kp and s nets. Great post enjoyed that. 
if any one has one them canvas bags to get rid of btw let me know. Bloody handy 

Yeah its a handy local walk always bit of scent about and farmer don’t live on the farm and is alright to speak to when he is there …no to permission though, he’s had lads driving the land. Silly Charlie few weeks ago up the track hanging around in cover after terrier bolted him from old irrigation tubes. Just got to be careful don’t follow anything up track onto busy road. 

Bit on top though carrying in a real tree falconry vest thing and too long for coat to cover. Handy though the vent netting. 

I think lifelongcumbrian made a handy little carry box for back pack (posted on here) that would be handier if out all morning in public places in and off the canal. We’ve got a few customers who make all sorts of composite carbon bits, bit ott but might get them make little carry box for rucksack fit a jill in. 

4FA107D7-7530-43D9-84A0-7F1B4558B99E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...