Soft Lure Fishing

9 minutes ago, paulus said:

One thing i will say, Touch wood everything i have ordered has been good unlike the Advanta bait caster i purchased from Angling Direct on recommendation of a staff member, It really is shite, borrowed a mates Shamano set up just to see if it was me, No is was not me, he couldn't use the Advanta one either and he has been at it years. 

Should do alright with the mavellos and bearking , from what I’ve read it’s one of the few reels that can cast 1gm out of the box without modding . Never seen an advanta baitcaster before . Was it just backlashing all the time . If it was it might be the same type that a mate bought off Amazon and that had 2 sets of brakes . 1 was the obvious one on the side plate but the other was a dial inside the reel . We only found out when he asked me to take it apart and have a look at it 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its  a great way to fish ,travel lite and cover aload of ground,my lads all over it,all he bloody talks about lol,hes had perch,jacks,chub and some decent trout on his own , this season.. He Uses

My best so far on soft lures....  

Fishing of an evening working away..  

Posted Images

On 01/12/2023 at 19:36, neil r said:

Should do alright with the mavellos and bearking , from what I’ve read it’s one of the few reels that can cast 1gm out of the box without modding . Never seen an advanta baitcaster before . Was it just backlashing all the time . If it was it might be the same type that a mate bought off Amazon and that had 2 sets of brakes . 1 was the obvious one on the side plate but the other was a dial inside the reel . We only found out when he asked me to take it apart and have a look at it 

sorted the advanta after an hour or two playing at a local Marina in the pissing it down rain this afternoon. It just does not like light lures anything under 8 or 9grm and it just does not like it. Could be the braid that came spooled on it. 

43 minutes ago, paulus said:

sorted the advanta after an hour or two playing at a local Marina in the pissing it down rain this afternoon. It just does not like light lures anything under 8 or 9grm and it just does not like it. Could be the braid that came spooled on it. 

If you can take it apart and get the spool bearing’s out and flush them and just put a couple of drops of light oil in them or even replace them with some ceramic bearings and no oil it might cast a bit better . The bearings on most reels come packed with grease and slow reels down . If it’s got heavy braid on it will struggle with lures at the lighter end of the scale . If you do try taking the bearings out be careful of the wire clip on the one in the side plate . Either put the reel in a clear bag or keep your thumb over the hole because them little clips can spring off and have an habit of disappearing 

2 minutes ago, neil r said:

If you can take it apart and get the spool bearing’s out and flush them and just put a couple of drops of light oil in them or even replace them with some ceramic bearings and no oil it might cast a bit better . The bearings on most reels come packed with grease and slow reels down . If it’s got heavy braid on it will struggle with lures at the lighter end of the scale . If you do try taking the bearings out be careful of the wire clip on the one in the side plate . Either put the reel in a clear bag or keep your thumb over the hole because them little clips can spring off and have an habit of disappearing 

I spent years messing about with motorbikes mate, If you have ever cracked the casings open on a Motobecane moped and had several hundred roller bearings fall out everywhere then a clip or two should be doable Lol

1 hour ago, paulus said:

I spent years messing about with motorbikes mate, If you have ever cracked the casings open on a Motobecane moped and had several hundred roller bearings fall out everywhere then a clip or two should be doable Lol

lol , should be alright then . Reels are actually pretty easy to work on so you shouldn’t have any problems 

• Like 1
On 21/11/2023 at 20:51, paulus said:

Its totally the opposite here, No weed at all due to the amount of boat traffic, Silt and leaves, branches and all manor of crap are on the bottom. The water is always coloured in the winter you might get 3" of visibility in the summer. After heavy rain its zero again, Blanked the last three sessions but hey that's canal fishing Lol.

Well my reel arrived today, Delivered to the wrong address then it turns out they had no stock of left handed ones so substituted it for a right handed one, About as much use as tits on a wheelbarrow to me that Lol

21 hours ago, neil r said:

That’s no good , right hand wind is only any good for the cack handed and Americans . Was it off Ali or temu 

It was off Ali. I contacted them and they are sending out a replacement, Its not the same one as there out of stock. its a

TSURINOYA Baitcasting Reel Coil Ultra Light 135g BFS 6.1g Spool Bait Finesse Dark Wolf KF50S Shallow Spool Free Shipping Gear

1 hour ago, paulus said:

It was off Ali. I contacted them and they are sending out a replacement, Its not the same one as there out of stock. its a

TSURINOYA Baitcasting Reel Coil Ultra Light 135g BFS 6.1g Spool Bait Finesse Dark Wolf KF50S Shallow Spool Free Shipping Gear

I’m pretty sure the bearking zues is one of the many reels that are based on the dark wolf ultra so it’s not a bad replacement , maybe not cast quite as light as the zues without mods but in reality you’re probably not casting 1 gram very often so it doesn’t much difference 

1 hour ago, paulus said:

Spent a couple of hours down a local canal yesterday morning, Absolutely pissed it down the whole time i was there, Not even a knock Lol. 

I’ve not been for ages because I’ve either been busy or it’s been hammering down , double windy or frozen when I’m free . I’m hoping to go tomorrow but it will be pike only probably because when it gets cold on the canal round here the perch just vanish and you won’t start catching them again till April 

Managed to get out this afternoon for the first time in ages for a couple of hours . Strangely didn’t get any pike at all but managed a couple of perch that must have forgotten to disappear with all the others . Both on the supercontinent nimble copies in the morning dawn colour 

IMG_1722.jpeg

IMG_1721.jpeg

• Like 3