whats the best gun in my list for hunting

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so if i take alook at a falcon which would you buy ????

i like the fn 19 thumhole stock but which one ??

how many shots do they give standard ?????

+ in fac as well how many ?????

:big_boss:

The boys on the Falcon forum will be able to give you those answers, they are a pretty good lot!

My FN19 has been running FAC for years at around the 25-26ft lb and I get 30-32 full power shots.

I think at 12ft lb is was meant to be about 80 shots but I have not checked for years.

As a matter of interest here's some pics of a Falcon magazine a pal has just custom built for me!

post-10759-1202382367_thumb.jpg

post-10759-1202382415_thumb.jpg

s10 carbine gets my vote. i have the standard length version and love it. carbine would be good in 12ftlb i had the longer one as mine is fac'd so get more shots. i have a s410k to and it spot on the only think i dont like on it is the stock cheek piece isnt that big. so i find it isnt as as good to shoot as the s10, where i find it rest's your face up better looking in to the scope. ive had rapid mk1 and m2 both top rifles. falcon looks a nice rifle ive never had one. but lthey ook nice and ive heard there vey good and light so that could be the one to go for :thumbs:

got chating to nice bloke whos buying my webley mk 3 and he was saying he struggled using bolt action on his s410

now he has got a bsa super 10 ???????? any body else think that ?

the bolt on the s10 are fine. you just have to make sure you pull them right back otherwish it wont index the mag round fully ;) i have a s410 cant find anything bad on them. s10 or rapid would be good if you want to go fac as your get more shots :thumbs:

sounds like im on two guns again bsa super 10 and s410

might go fac in future any body no how many shots you get with bsa ???in fac and normal for both guns

is bsa any good any more now gamo own them ??

Edited by celticwar

ive spoke to a few people now and its going to be a carbine im going for ...

just that little bit easier at getting through the trees ect and for out the landrover on the farm thanks for the help guys that many of you rate air arms

they must be good ..... :toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::clapper::clapper:

Whats the kill distance and over shoot of a aa410 and how much would it cost to buy everything new?

ie. get gun and shoot rabbit, day or night.

Regard

Knifebar :hmm:

The kill distance is whatever range you can hit a ten pence piece nine times out of ten. I get the impression that before you go hunting you'll need lots of practice. An experienced hunter will kill rabbits at a maximum range of 35 yards for a standard 12ft/lb rifle. Without sounding like a preacher, it's not fair on the rabbits to achieve anything other than an instant kill. Expect to pay around £500 for a rifle and another £150 for a decent scope.

Edited by C3PO
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive just bought an Air Arms Pro-sport underleaver, and I would recommend it to anyone. just looking at it you can see it is modelled on hunting pedigree rifles, and sure shoots like one, by far the best spring rifle available. For long shoots this maybe a little heavy for some, but anyone complaining should stop being a weed! I got the .22 but it is available in .177.