Oh I miss it so much at times....

1 minute ago, tatsblisters said:

Have you ever had an air arms TDR mate i have been thinking of getting one as i need a gun that takes down that will go in a rucksack so as not to draw attention when walking through public places.

Never owned one mate, you could do alot worse than an Np02, fraction of the price 👍IMG-20230401-WA0003.jpg.fdd57c6f73d9ab0efc773b321c4985d9.jpg

• Like 1

On 02/11/2023 at 10:05, philpot said:

No I didn't mean sex, although............ anyway, I was referring to my P35 that I sold a little while ago.  It was a garden gun and to that end it performed very well hitting an empty pellet tin hanging in one of the trees to piss the starlings off so the finches and bluetits can get the fat balls in peace along with shooting at targets on a sunny afternoon or knocking off a few ferals in the barn of one of our perms although I do have an old springer to do the job but as you lot know, I have a love / hate relationship with springers, it's hate at the moment so I miss the P35.  We have had a squirrel kept appearing, smashing the fat balls onto the ground and scaring off the birds which didn't make me a happy boy so I thought well even though I don't like the 'boinger' gun I will see if I can polish it off, then I remembered I had loaned the gun to my youngest daughter's boyfriend to shoot some ferals and rats at the farm he works at, bugger bugger bugger.

My shooting pal was about to leave for a holiday the next day so a quick phone call to see if he can let me have a pcp while he was away, no problem came back the response.  I picked up an HW110 standard length which surprised me as I thought all his 110's were compact version but this one was a new one and standard version for a change.  I rezeroed the gun for my garden and left the rifle out ready, the next day the big squirrel came back and met it's demise, job done.

I very reluctantly gave the gun back yesterday when Chris returned from his holiday and to be very honest I really felt a little lost to hand it back over. The 110 has had various issues during the models life, in the early days some barrel issues and later some issues with the ballistic polymer action but I cannot help but love this gun and of course wish that I had never sold the one, correction, two that I had.  I am sure those of you who are retired old farts like me will know how much more difficult it is to just go and buy a new gun while balancing the pension and house bills and I will not get one on hp because keeping my head above water is tricky now let alone with a monthly payment for another £1000 gun to pay for.

Whoh is me............... no not really, whilst my private pension got screwed by my company losing me around £500 per month before tax (which fcuks me off more than I can say), I still enjoy life, shooting, fishing, nice days out with Trish my wife etc but I am contemplating how the hell can I replace my .25 Impact fac and my HW110. Perhaps now that it appears that lead will continue with rimfire and airgun ammo, my .22lr and .17 hmr may have some s/h value again which may allow me to buy another Wildcat but a BT version in .25 fac although with current pricing I doubt it however that doesn't replace the 110.............. and so it goes around again.  Those of you who know me will know that I am always up for a laugh and generally a pretty happy chappie, it's just some times I get a bit down when balancing the books and looking at what I would very much like to do but can't..............like most other people I guess.  What the fcuk am I going on about here, I started off with the story of missing my P35 and now I have rewritten 'war and peace', what a tit............................................................

Right back to the thread, I miss my P35 gun and want another HW110 in sub 12, there we are done...............end.

Phil

Wife had to wake me up after reading that  , sent me to sleep halfway through 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1
On 03/11/2023 at 19:54, tomburras said:

My reply is proberbly a waste of time saying but, been an experienced airgunner yourself and (apoligies if im conesending) but what about an NP02? It has a bottle built in I get 180 shots in .177 it is pellet on pellet small (heavy ish) and compact. I couldn't ask for more from an airgun. I have/had other guns I have a bit of a regular change  but it is bloody brilliant.

My pal had one which I have used a few times and I agree they shoot rather well BUT the heavy air tank badly affects the balance, great value for money just not my thing however the FX Verminator whilst similar in design has really good balance but pricey and being phased out.

On 04/11/2023 at 12:41, tatsblisters said:

Have you ever had an air arms TDR mate i have been thinking of getting one as i need a gun that takes down that will go in a rucksack so as not to draw attention when walking through public places.

Bit scary that mate. Ffs  never skip your medication.

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, charlie caller said:

Now then my old mate, how goes it? If you want an H110 have a look at mine in the for sale section 😉

Hello Tim, how the devil are you mate, it is good to see you back on here. I would be interested in your 110 if I was not so bloody skint. Are you getting out much nowadays.