Mighty boring now

You know I gotta say , dealing with cows isn't half as fun when their super tame. When we still had our 200 odd feral one you would about die in the catch pen . Damn things would be trying to just over gates ,pound you to the side of the pen , hook you ,stop you breaking gates off of hinges  heck had to have cowboys out here on horse back with dog at least once a year to help catch the really wild ones but now , got down to like 20 head and their all basically puppies now and sort and load them all by myself half asleep. More efficient and safe , yeah I guess but boring as hell 🙄

IMG_20231015_073902646_HDR.jpg.e20c405024bcd703e8f37dfd18dda10d.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

You know I gotta say , dealing with cows isn't half as fun when their super tame. When we still had our 200 odd feral one you would about die in the catch pen . Damn things would be trying to just over gates ,pound you to the side of the pen , hook you ,stop you breaking gates off of hinges  heck had to have cowboys out here on horse back with dog at least once a year to help catch the really wild ones but now , got down to like 20 head and their all basically puppies now and sort and load them all by myself half asleep. More efficient and safe , yeah I guess but boring as hell 🙄

I don’t think anything about your life is boring Wolf,keep on keeping on,hey just remembered what’s your go to bait for raccoons in Dp’s?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, mackem said:

I don’t think anything about your life is boring Wolf,keep on keeping on,hey just remembered what’s your go to bait for raccoons in Dp’s?

What you doing trapping coons now 007 ? Fired you be out trapping a man eating tiger or something instead 😂 kidding but man honestly dry cat food is a good all around bait. Put some in the trap a bit up past the trigger and sprinkle some on the ground..little fish oil around the general area is a good addition. If you have cats soming like old breakfast cereal or soming fruity is good too. 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

What you doing trapping coons now 007 ? Fired you be out trapping a man eating tiger or something instead 😂 kidding but man honestly dry cat food is a good all around bait. Put some in the trap a bit up past the trigger and sprinkle some on the ground..little fish oil around the general area is a good addition. If you have cats soming like old breakfast cereal or soming fruity is good too. 

The guy in the store told me marshmallows,I have been feeding them three bags a week,all gone overnight,but warm at the minute but once the weather hardens going to see what I get.

5 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Always like to have a cow that’s willing to kill just to make sure you keep on your toes 😅 like you say bit boring when they do what there told lol