17 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Local lake near me gets blue green algae every year lol it will go when the wind picks up and sun dies down. 

dopes 

Yup. Seen another article where they are putting the blame solely on global warming. No mention of the real factors, that cause this. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Local lake near me gets blue green algae every year lol it will go when the wind picks up and sun dies down. 

dopes 

Believe me you've never seen an algae bloom like the one on lough neagh this year, 6 and 7 inches deep in places around it's shore like thick mud, it's killing the hatches of lough neagh flies from hatching that the fish and birds depends on. 

Pollution from slurry and fertilisers as well sewage is feeding the algae, I lived on the shore of the lough for 12 years, spent a lot of time on it boating and shooting have good friends that have fished the lough for 30 plus years and if they say its fcuked then it's fcuked. 

• Like 1

Blue-green algae, technically known as cyanobacteria, are microscopic organisms that are naturally present in lakes and streams. Under certain conditions, blue-green algae can become abundant in warm, shallow, undisturbed, nutrient-rich surface waters that receive a lot of sunlight.

A combination of warm temperatures, sunlight, and nutrient-rich waters can cause blue-green algae to reproduce rapidly, or "bloom." Within a few days a clear lake, pond, or ditch can become cloudy with algae growth. Blue-green blooms usually float to the surface and can be several inches thick near the shoreline.

can’t find anything about pollution but I’m no expert. Lake near me the same thick sludge green and blue in colour 
And stinks.. every year we have it lake is 65 acres. One time the lads took jet skis out there to break it all up. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Blue-green algae, technically known as cyanobacteria, are microscopic organisms that are naturally present in lakes and streams. Under certain conditions, blue-green algae can become abundant in warm, shallow, undisturbed, nutrient-rich surface waters that receive a lot of sunlight.

A combination of warm temperatures, sunlight, and nutrient-rich waters can cause blue-green algae to reproduce rapidly, or "bloom." Within a few days a clear lake, pond, or ditch can become cloudy with algae growth. Blue-green blooms usually float to the surface and can be several inches thick near the shoreline.

can’t find anything about pollution but I’m no expert. Lake near me the same thick sludge green and blue in colour 
And stinks.. every year we have it lake is 65 acres. One time the lads took jet skis out there to break it all up. 

Is this normal. Lol. 

Screenshot_20230918_105834_com.facebook.katana.jpg

1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

"Nutrient rich" i.e fertilisers, slurry run off.

• Like 3