Barbel question

2 minutes ago, steve66 said:

What do you use to luminate your rod tips for night time fishing ? been along time since ive fished in the dark , surley things have come along since the starlight days 🙄

Nope i still use starlights, however they are far cheaper at aldi these days, other than that look at the carp boys and the bite indicators and tackle they use. 

1 minute ago, paulus said:

Nope i still use starlights, however they are far cheaper at aldi these days, other than that look at the carp boys and the bite indicators and tackle they use. 

cheers Paulas , i dont really want to go into bite indicators / alarms ect , sooner keep things simple .... so starlights it is 👍

Ive always used these( I have a set of them glued into the slot on the back of the reel seat,so you dont fumble picking the rod up on a take😁)...and a second set for the tips ,you can remove them and use on various different tips/rods,they will last you 5 yrs or more,Ive also sprayed my barbel rod tips with the old  luminous model paint (charges in sunlight,glows in the dark)keep your rod tips up in the air,you wont need a head torch with the moonlight 👍

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Drennan Twin hi vis green isotopes 2.5mm x 12mm...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I removed tip eye dipped the first 4inch  in white gloss.

When dry slide some shrink tube down big enough to get isotope under then dipped in boiling water, then wipe either end with thread stick tip eye back on job done.

I found this gave hassle free casting,and still glows quite nicely 15 years later 👍

• Like 1