Produce your own.........

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems to be a big up take for threads on off grid living or self sustainability so thought I would stick it in here lads because the 'living of land and game cooking' section doesn't get much traffic

Well, I have promised some cooked produce photos. Tonight's tea, double pork chops....... Bloody gorgeous and now I am stuffed! Genuinly have grown to appreciate food more. We have all got u

Posted Images

15 hours ago, steve t said:

20240421_142225.jpg

Do you keep goats for meat or dairy? I was considering goats but not convinced yet. Think the pigs work for me, get weaners to grow on and job done.

38 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

Do you keep goats for meat or dairy? I was considering goats but not convinced yet. Think the pigs work for me, get weaners to grow on and job done.

I know a lad with meat goats if u wanted a kid or 2 to grow on ? 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

We milk them and eat the kids. Wife doesn't like pork or else I'd  do a couple of pigs . Used to keep Dexter cows but got out of them last year. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, steve t said:

We milk them and eat the kids. Wife doesn't like pork or else I'd  do a couple of pigs . Used to keep Dexter cows but got out of them last year. 

We’re they short Dexters mate ?, how were those to keep ?

I had Australian Lowline Angus and they were brilliant to over winter…..they ate nothing but silage and cost €2 a week each to keep over the winter.

The condition on them was unbelievable for such low inputs, you’d have thought I’d given them a bag of meal every day…..they will thrive on nothing. 

FB77AB34-C09B-4BF4-8DD5-276B46B7C46E.jpeg.dab1ae4420a35683eb8c4ecbdc385248.jpeg

• Like 2
12 hours ago, WILF said:

We’re they short Dexters mate ?, how were those to keep ?

I had Australian Lowline Angus and they were brilliant to over winter…..they ate nothing but silage and cost €2 a week each to keep over the winter.

The condition on them was unbelievable for such low inputs, you’d have thought I’d given them a bag of meal every day…..they will thrive on nothing. 

FB77AB34-C09B-4BF4-8DD5-276B46B7C46E.jpeg.dab1ae4420a35683eb8c4ecbdc385248.jpeg

They look great. They were long legged Dexter great to keep thrived on grass and silage or hay in the winter. Lovely meat.

• Like 1