After a bit of not-very enthusiastic off-roading last week, I managed to do this to the side step on my truck.

IMG_20230612_092520600_S.jpg.f47c2636291854f03bfcf49a7ae5b913.jpg

Toyota UK couldn't be bothered to answer my email about a replacement and a quick drive to my nearest Toyota dealer wasn't much help. One guy told me this wasn't the standard side step on a Hilux (even though it's on every one I've seen). Another told me it must have been a special order from the factory, or it was an aftermarket one  - until I told them I bought the truck new from them. Pages of parts diagrams yielded nothing but they persevered and phoned me today with a price for a new one.

Approx figures - Step £600, brackets £260, end caps £50, rubber step pads £50, fitting £120 all plus VAT!! 

A grand for a tube of obviously not very strong steel. A grand! :cry1:

2 minutes ago, walshie said:

After a bit of not-very enthusiastic off-roading last week, I managed to do this to the side step on my truck.

Toyota UK couldn't be bothered to answer my email about a replacement and a quick drive to my nearest Toyota dealer wasn't much help. One guy told me this wasn't the standard side step on a Hilux (even though it's on every one I've seen). Another told me it must have been a special order from the factory, or it was an aftermarket one  - until I told them I bought the truck new from them. Pages of parts diagrams yielded nothing but they persevered and phoned me today with a price for a new one.

Approx figures - Step £600, brackets £260, end caps £50, rubber step pads £50, fitting £120 all plus VAT!! 

Leave it as is orTec screw a bit of galv on top ? or just suck it up if the looks are that important. Ive just spent £6500+ on two much smaller bits on a dogs leg! Price of things gone mad.

6 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Use one of the mobile crash repair lads mate .That will pullout no probs .Gear they use today won’t even crack the coating either .

It's proper f****d. Bent all the brackets holding it and it's about 1/2" in front of the rear tyre. Still at least it protected the sills and doors. 

1 minute ago, walshie said:

It's proper f****d. Bent all the brackets holding it and it's about 1/2" in front of the rear tyre. Still at least it protect the sills and doors. 

Is it too new to phone around scrap yards (or online) you might get lucky

1 minute ago, hambone said:

Is it too new to phone around scrap yards (or online) you might get lucky

No. It's not too new. I just didn't think it would be that much. I'll have a phone around tomorrow. The ones I have seen second hand so far have been either rusty or damaged.

On 27/06/2023 at 20:27, walshie said:

There's a place in Dublin Ireland has them I think might be worth a shot I could find the ad let me know 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

These might be worth a ring I have used them for bits for my Land Cruiser I’m sure they could work out a lot cheaper than the main dealers.

WWW.MILNEROFFROAD.COM

Toyota Hilux 2016 On Double Cab 4inch (100mm) Oval Stainless Steel Side BarsFeatures1 . Manufactured from high quality stainless steel2.