I know some people that seem to curl up and die at the thought of eating duck eggs :icon_eek:

But I use mine to make cakes, (Victoria sponges normally) They produce a lovely moist cake with a stunning colour...

How do you eat yours?.....

I know some people that seem to curl up and die at the thought of eating duck eggs :icon_eek:

But I use mine to make cakes, (Victoria sponges normally) They produce a lovely moist cake with a stunning colour...

How do you eat yours?.....

:tongue2: Sounds Nice

lol, oooh I'm ready for a big brekkie tomorrow :tongue2:

Mine are muscovey eggs, and are nice, though I could only eat one fried, they are rather rich!

I do like a good egg sandwich sometimes (proper fresh bread), with a nice bit of black pepper and salt (easily pleased me:) )

i havent bought eggs in ages since my two girl ducks started laying. and i use them for all the normal egg things.

was a bit odd the first time i cooked one. didnt look right!!!

this past Christmas i made a bunch of cheese cakes using the duck eggs. while my grandmother was enjoying a slice of cheese cake and complimenting me on it my husband pipes up saying "she used DUCK eggs!! isn that cool!?"

my grandmother grimaced and said "You probably shouldnt have told me that..." <_<

seriously... does it matter what you're eating as long as it tastes good? if you think people will turn green over what you've just fed them then dont tell'em! lol

now as a rule i hate eggs... i choke them down with lots of bacon and potatoes or whatnot. cant stand the taste.. and i hate the fact that if i belch after eating them it smells like eggs... however someone gave me a new way to cook eggs that i adore - and i treat the duck eggs the same way! hard boil them, wrap them in sausage then fry them till they look like dinosaur eggs. tastes even better if you add some spicy mustard!

only problem is they are damned messy to make!!!

Got to be Quiche - used to have a couple in our last place, Like you say great for making cakes but also make a quiche that bit firmer

having said which we used to sell eggs from out gateway and always the duck eggs went first so didnt offten have many spare!

Got to be Quiche - used to have a couple in our last place, Like you say great for making cakes but also make a quiche that bit firmer

having said which we used to sell eggs from out gateway and always the duck eggs went first so didnt offten have many spare!

I just made myself a bacon and mushroom omlette for beakfast, with my duck eggs of course, and it was lavley! :thumbs: Thing is, I cant bloody move now :icon_eek: lol stuffed!