This is about standardising the training of FLO`s. In my opinion it needs doing, i have seen officers change serial numbers on certificates that have then gone on to cause issues in the future, Another officer had no idea how to disassemble a side by side, 

In relation to the tightening of gun laws, It is and always will be the easy option after an incident. Every car owner in the country has the ability to kill multiple people every time they start that ignition But no laws are ever tightened when this happens, 

all you have to do is look at other sports where people are killed and injured every year yet no one is putting people off from taking part ?.renewals are going to be you have to give them 6 months minimum to get yo a new cert.not the 8 weeks it said on my renewal.

Still waiting for my renewal  , coming up to 6 months in a weeks time and haven’t been able to buy any ammo on a temporary license either. The temporary runs out 28th November But been told Dorset are still doing renewal’s for 2021 

12 minutes ago, villaman said:

Still waiting for my renewal  , coming up to 6 months in a weeks time and haven’t been able to buy any ammo on a temporary license either. The temporary runs out 28th November But been told Dorset are still doing renewal’s for 2021 

That should be temporary licence (ce), not 'temporary license' (se). Remember that licence is the noun, whereas license is the verb only, unless you're American. Therefore you license (verb) someone by issuing them a licence (noun), hence TV licence, driving licence, Firearms licence etc ‒ no 's' in licence when it's a noun.

It's just one of those little things that drives me slightly loopy. 🥴❤️xx

3 hours ago, Rustic Lady said:

That should be temporary licence (ce), not 'temporary license' (se). Remember that licence is the noun, whereas license is the verb only, unless you're American. Therefore you license (verb) someone by issuing them a licence (noun), hence TV licence, driving licence, Firearms licence etc ‒ no 's' in licence when it's a noun.

It's just one of those little things that drives me slightly loopy. 🥴❤️xx

Well when your phone does it for you and don’t proof read , that’s what happens 

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

My good friend had his licence revoked 5 months ago without full and detailed reason other than saying he lied on his renewal which we cannot work out what the lie was and that he has a medical condition......................... My friend has shot from the age of 9 on the farm where he lived and has no idea why he has lost his tickets but it has had a devastating effect on him. I know I have digressed but this whole situation causes concern for most shooters with legally held guns.

Phil

59 minutes ago, philpot said:

My good friend had his licence revoked 5 months ago without full and detailed reason other than saying he lied on his renewal which we cannot work out what the lie was and that he has a medical condition......................... My friend has shot from the age of 9 on the farm where he lived and has no idea why he has lost his tickets but it has had a devastating effect on him. I know I have digressed but this whole situation causes concern for most shooters with legally held guns.

Phil

I had an issue when I renewed my sgc, had a visit from the FO with regards to a medical condition I had not declared. Turns out I had been diagnosed with ‘low mood’ after talking to my doctor at an unrelated appointment and being given a leaflet about mental health as treatment. I had renewed it once before without it being an issue.