“Exotic” Running Dogs.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dout it, It was one evil gremlin of a dog, the foxes shit themselves when that ugly gremlin stuck its head round the corner they thought they were having some kind of acid induced nightmare and bolted

Galgo Español - Wikipedia EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG four to five thousand a year bred for competitive coursing and lots more for hobbyist etc so the best of the best are well tested.

Maybe people are interested in an old exotic breed and giving it a go working, same as some people enjoy hunting with terrier breeds that are not worked much now. You wouldn't expect them to be as goo

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I had Australian Silky terriers as a kid and they were great ratters and rabbiters and would bolt foxes. I then bought a Cairn terrier from a pet shop for next to nothing as nobody over here knew what they were in those days and he couldn't sell him. He would also bolt foxes but the silkies were better ratters. I cross the Cairn over my best Silky bitch and the pups were all good hunters. Not working terriers by todays standards but I caught a lot with them and spent a lot of time with them hunting as a kid from about 12.

Great story Aussie 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I got this lad when I was in Australia one time;

IMG_0133.JPG.eebf7d4c76796161cceef5a7366b276b.JPG

The buggers told me he was an "Australian Foxing Terrier", but I think they may have conned an old Pommy; I'm sure he's a Chihuahua ! LOL !

Still got him about 15 years later !

Cheers.

I had to have my old chihuahua bitch put down at almost 20 last month. They are good dogs for warning of snakes and intruders. Also one of the healthiest and loyal breeds, like miniature cattle dogs. 

sharons pics 055.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

No only had it once and it was good fun, it’s amazing how many shapes and faces you can see in the clouds and I found the bark on a tree absolutely fascinating ?

Must admit we tried it as kids n what you say rings true especially the clouds?

We used to go camping n then go on mad missions n would go for miles without realising n walking along busy roads at night some of the cars could look like transformers 

• Haha 1