Do I,, don't I..

Mornings all..

Thinking of buying another sub 12..whats ya thoughts on this.what would you buy? Bsa r12 ??.. or do I stick with my trusted mk1/mk2 rapids.

I know ya gonna say overkill,but will be sticking,, new to me digex c50 on it..

Oh and what quick release scope mounts do you recomend..

Thanks in advance..

Not a lover of the BSA R10, never found the balance to suit me and hate rear bolt action, mind you it could be worse you might be thinking of a Daystate..........

There are so many decent guns to choose from, it depends on your budget and why you want something different to your Rapids.

Phil

• Like 1

Have you thought about the hw100 mate .I can vouch they are deadly accurate to the point of being boring .Pellet on pellet at 25 m .

Ive a rapid also that I wouldn’t sell .Love it and brings back memories of my childhood when they were the dogs bollocks .

• Like 3
On 02/04/2023 at 13:25, Daniel cain said:

you selling any of them rapids??

Look on gun trader Sean .Usually plenty on there though often fac .They are very easy to put back to 12 and I’m sure the paperwork and conversion could be done at a dealers cheaply before you received it .

6 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Look on gun trader Sean .Usually plenty on there though often fac .They are very easy to put back to 12 and I’m sure the paperwork and conversion could be done at a dealers cheaply before you received it .

Don't think they can be put back to 12 mate, that's why they are cheap.

1 minute ago, hambone said:

Don't think they can be put back to 12 mate, that's why they are cheap.

Just a matter of turning the Alan key on the back mate then take the key out and plug with a bolt same thread .

The bolt is a round head with no way to turn bar drill out .Mate had his put back by a dealer .

They are cheap you are right which is a bit off putting to get one done to an fac but like I said it’s doable other way round .

4 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Just a matter of turning the Alan key on the back mate then take the key out and plug with a bolt same thread .

The bolt is a round head with no way to turn bar drill out .Mate had his put back by a dealer .

They are cheap you are right which is a bit off putting to get one done to an fac but like I said it’s doable other way round .

The process is doable, I think it is because its been registered FAC. I could be wrong though.

19 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

I had an idea years ago to buy FAC rapids and put them back to sub 12ftlbs. good money to be made, or so i thought, Unfortunately once an air rifle is registered as a firearm it can not be put back to sub 12ftlbs,  

3 minutes ago, paulus said:

I had an idea years ago to buy FAC rapids and put them back to sub 12ftlbs. good money to be made, or so i thought, Unfortunately once an air rifle is registered as a firearm it can not be put back to sub 12ftlbs,  

Shhh don’t tell my mate then ??

Was done by a reputable place too .

Silly really as you can turn them up or down very easy whether on ticket or not .

1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

Shhh don’t tell my mate then ??

Was done by a reputable place too .

Silly really as you can turn them up or down very easy whether on ticket or not .

Don't tell anyone but, you can with nearly all air rifles, an anti tamper plug really stops everyone ?

Just now, foxdropper said:

I think my rapid had a bit more done than just the Alan key though .

My old fac rapid 20 cal, had 3 settings on the alan key at the rear, that tensioned the hammer spring, 12,24 and 42ftlbs, never found a 20cal pellet that was stable enough to be accurate at 42ftlbs. Rapids are unregulated and work a lot like the cheap co2 powered rifles do now,