Wiltshires smallest fox

Out last night on my last look and check round for fox before they cub down proper.From Now on it will be call-outs only and then deal with any cubs .
Thermal revealed a fox checking out the bottom of a shed so playing the wind I wandered closer .Night was breezy but light with the moon covered by cloud .
Didnt get too far when it changed tack and headed straight for me ,well to another shed really but I was in its path .
On stick ,switch the gear on and ……..what a tiny specimen thought I .
Post mortem revealed a tiny vixen with no tail .Looked a bit mangey too .

DE5C4D7B-BD86-44BC-AA99-4BAE55CD9D07.jpeg.069e82b226fac0f1ccc16c4d9771a612.jpeg
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Small fox or big feet? 
looks a proper townie fox that, bit of a hard life 

Size nine mate to match the cock .Might be a drop off in all honesty but havnt seen many about lately .Farmer wants me to concentrate on the deer at moment .

• Haha 1

Is that it ? size 10’s up here

theres loads of roe about at the minute, I was up at the sheep farm last night and it’s not very big and there was 6 scattered around the arable, I was at my mates the other night and there was 11, I’m off for a week after this week so going to get my butcher in order and knock a few over 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Is that it ? size 10’s up here

theres loads of roe about at the minute, I was up at the sheep farm last night and it’s not very big and there was 6 scattered around the arable, I was at my mates the other night and there was 11, I’m off for a week after this week so going to get my butcher in order and knock a few over 

Their bunching up here into groups never seen before Stav .Groups of 15 seen in places .Like the feckin  seringeti 

I don’t shoot loads of deer, only if I or someone else wants them normally, I’d sometimes take others out, but that’s stopped for the foreseeable, but my mate wants them thinning so I’ll have to get up there before he gets his keeper in to do it 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Their bunching up here into groups never seen before Stav .Groups of 15 seen in places .Like the feckin  seringeti 

Been to two places over the last few weeks with herds of 40 + roe on each spot. 

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

I once came across a group of a dozen or more Munties, Running up and down a small embankment, Never seen any thing like it before or since!. 

It's the time of year when you see more roe , does heavily pregnant so out feeding more .

I was lamping other night on an arable farm and saw 13 just laid about. Walked to within 30 yards of them , shouting at them and they just stood and looked at me.

2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Get your finger out and get them sorted ?? no wonder you've got TB , population far too high.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, paulus said:

I once came across a group of a dozen or more Munties, Running up and down a small embankment, Never seen any thing like it before or since!. 

Neither have I, only seen them singly or in small groups!!

6 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Out last night on my last look and check round for fox before they cub down proper.From Now on it will be call-outs only and then deal with any cubs .
Thermal revealed a fox checking out the bottom of a shed so playing the wind I wandered closer .Night was breezy but light with the moon covered by cloud .
Didnt get too far when it changed tack and headed straight for me ,well to another shed really but I was in its path .
On stick ,switch the gear on and ……..what a tiny specimen thought I .
Post mortem revealed a tiny vixen with no tail .Looked a bit mangey too .

DE5C4D7B-BD86-44BC-AA99-4BAE55CD9D07.jpeg.069e82b226fac0f1ccc16c4d9771a612.jpeg

Was the tail like that or have you been swinging her around your head? :whistling:

Edited by Deker