I need a new FAC .22

1 hour ago, Deker said:

FX seems to be getting some support, assorted varieties!

I have to say I'm a bit nervous just the same, at the moment I can't find anyone (South of Leicester) to fix my pretty basic Falcon, so if anything goes wrong with a FX what then??

Fx are dead easy to work on 

21 hours ago, villaman said:

No I mean wouldn’t ??

Let’s start again . FX is probably the best FAC air you can have at the moment and I wouldn’t have any other make in FAC . I hope that is better for the ones who find it hard to understand , mainly the old people ?????

• Haha 1
On 27/02/2023 at 16:51, villaman said:

FX I would have any other make at the moment FAC . Wildcat mk3 sniper version bottle will give you easy 100 shots . Crown 500 mm barrel well over 100 shots as well same with the impact . 

Another vote for the FX Wildcat more so if you go for a slug barrel as well as the normal barrel.  With the FX there is nothing repair wise that you can not do at home with basic tools. With the dual regulators and power adjustment wheel then every situation can be catered for. Add superb accuracy and it becomes a no brainer. 

13 hours ago, philpot said:

Any FX dealer will return the gun to The Sportsman Gun Centre for repairs and they are in the south so winner winner.

Do I assume Sportsman are the importers then, Dorchester is a least possible, I've bought a 2 rifles from them anyway!

I must admit, when I think back, the PCP are not exactly cheap, (especially today) and I've had far more problems with them over the years than with any rimfire or centrefire!

1 hour ago, Deker said:

Do I assume Sportsman are the importers then, Dorchester is a least possible, I've bought a 2 rifles from them anyway!

I must admit, when I think back, the PCP are not exactly cheap, (especially today) and I've had far more problems with them over the years than with any rimfire or centrefire!

That is very true, Back to your FN19, If i remember correctly they work by bye way of an indexing probe rotating the magazine  prior to the pellet probe inserting the pellet, Does the bolt cycle ok with no magazine fitted? If yes, its possibly the cog on the back of the magazines that has worn as they are plastic and do wear over time, If this is the case then there are two options, Covert the gun by removing the need for the indexing magazine probe by means of a kit purchased from ebay or buy new standard magazines, 

19 minutes ago, paulus said:

That is very true, Back to your FN19, If i remember correctly they work by bye way of an indexing probe rotating the magazine  prior to the pellet probe inserting the pellet, Does the bolt cycle ok with no magazine fitted? If yes, its possibly the cog on the back of the magazines that has worn as they are plastic and do wear over time, If this is the case then there are two options, Covert the gun by removing the need for the indexing magazine probe by means of a kit purchased from ebay or buy new standard magazines, 

:good:

Had indexing issues for years, even Falcon themselves couldn't fix it.

I have just found SMW magazines for the Falcon, which seem to be completely independent of the Falcon indexing system and do away with it altogether!

2 hours ago, Deker said:

Had indexing issues for years, even Falcon themselves couldn't fix it.

I have just found SMW magazines for the Falcon, which seem to be completely independent of the Falcon indexing system and do away with it altogether!

I took the indexing probe out of the one i had, I think i got the magazines from eBay, 3d printed if i remember correctly. Long while ago though, I have an FX wildcat MK2 now, great bit of kit but as you said in an earlier post, they are quite pricy, 

• 1 month later...
On 01/03/2023 at 08:13, Deker said:

have you thought about a theoban SLR 98 or similar in Fac? no messing around with filling gear etc and pennies cost wise?

All change!!!!

Thanks to a member here, who put me in touch with someone, my Falcon is fixed.

I also have a couple of new SMW magazines which solve all the indexing issues, which a lot of Falcons seem to suffer with.

I have a handful of jobs which I need FAC air for, and have decided to persevere with the Falcon, spending £1.5-£2.5K on a new FAC air can wait!

Thanks for everyone's help/suggestions!

• Like 4