11 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

opened my lounge door this morning, to find a blue tit hanging onto a nest box i put up for them last year, bit early innit, deffo showing interest, as it had nesting materiall in its beak

Probably looking for spiders 

Have seen wood pigeons going at it hammer and tong magpies with mouthfuls of twigs and jackdaws taking stuff down chimneys in the last week as it’s warmed up think they may be having a false start as we are meant to be having an artic blast in early feb ?

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Have seen wood pigeons going at it hammer and tong magpies with mouthfuls of twigs and jackdaws taking stuff down chimneys in the last week as it’s warmed up think they may be having a false start as we are meant to be having an artic blast in early feb ?

I can remember as a kid having a load of Gloucester canaries on eggs and with young, one April. we had a two week cold snap of snow and sub zero temperature's, Killed the lot.  

13 minutes ago, paulus said:

I can remember as a kid having a load of Gloucester canaries on eggs and with young, one April. we had a two week cold snap of snow and sub zero temperature's, Killed the lot.  

Yes it can feck things up a bit?

1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

Must be different elsewhere as there’s no nesting of any sort happening here in Glorious Wilts ..That tit was just looking for insects I’ll wager .

same here mate, The Pigeons are still sitting in the trees at the bottom of the garden each morning hoping to catch the sun as it rises before going off to feed in the afternoon, The magpies are still not collecting sticks, The only thing nesting around here are the collard doves but they nest all year round anyway. 

Waters Chrystal clear at the moment in the marina and the predators are having a field day there are shoals of roach bream and perch under the boats and I’ve seen a cormorant striking under the jetty’s close up several pike strikes and the last two evenings on my last dog walk have seen an otter in the reeds left a pikes head on the grass yesterday morning pretty cool living in nature ?

8 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Foxes still shouting here which is a bit odd .Most years ,rutting is over by Xmas with cubs born late February .Now it will be April for some .52 days .

Hardly surprising nature is getting mixed up Minus 10 one day and plus ten the next. 

1 minute ago, paulus said:

Hardly surprising nature is getting mixed up Minus 10 one day and plus ten the next. 

Very mild here today .No frost this morning but going off a bit now .Out tonight on the rabbits .Hope it dosnt freeze tbh .