Advocate

12 hours ago, mC HULL said:

i advocate ant drontal that does the rape worm mate you had fleas you may aswell use water as frontline mate 

lung worm bad your way mooch

Not see a flea on me dogs in years and I use Billy no mates as I used to work for company that makes it so got several big tubs but I used to use frontline, I think lung worm is in most parts of UK now and they several types like fox lung worm /french lung worm and list goes on and it's not easy to diagnose at first as most vets will say a dog coughing as kennel cough and that's why any posts about coughing dog I always say get checked for lung worm as if not treated quickly it will cause major problems and the dog will never recover fully .I've spoken to few that lost dogs because of lung worm , it's horrible thing for them to catch .

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Can only use advantage on the big hairy dog or she starts losing fur? I bought 10 of the 4.0ml boxes a while ago on line,in date till 2025,25/40 kg?

My old dog would loose hair with frontline and skin go all blistery so I stopped using spot on all together and I think a spot on that kills everything like advacate as got to be really toxic ? 

30 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

My old dog would loose hair with frontline and skin go all blistery so I stopped using spot on all together and I think a spot on that kills everything like advacate as got to be really toxic ? 

I can use whatever on the terriers they only seen to  get ticks never fleas,but if I don't use advocate Advantage on the hairy lurcher ,her fur falls out in clumps?had me racking my brains, thinking she was getting to much protein etc?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, A.Amos said:

My lurcher had Sarcoptic Mange, quite a bad case. The Advocate cleared it in no time, I think he may have caught it again. Hence why I asked atb

if it returns it can be demodectic mange mate an it can be to do with the immune system all dogs have them but the body keeps em in check some are susceptible 

• Like 2
On 26/01/2023 at 22:05, A.Amos said:

My lurcher had Sarcoptic Mange, quite a bad case. The Advocate cleared it in no time, I think he may have caught it again. Hence why I asked atb

I'd be looking to get a scraping from vets to confirm, Bravecto will sort out demodectic mange without any after admin, not sure if it will sort sarcoptic mange plus there's a bigger clean up job with bedding etc