Ferret size /weight

Just out of interest and boredom , what weight are your stinkers (if you weigh them ) , what sort of size / weight do you prefer ? 
Two Jill’s 925grams and 956 grams at last weigh in a week ago … and a baby otter of a hob that bottoms out the digi scales at 3.8 kg ( not a worker) ??‍♂️

8 hours ago, BULL said:

I have 8 ferrets all  workers from 450g up to 1.3kg 

prefer 550-700g they bolt rabbits well are extremely fast walk through the nets  and not much digging 

Fast ferrets are ok but I'd rather a plodder that works all the pipes ,I've had Jill's fly through and bolt Coney then come up and once re-entered they just run through and come out as if nothing below but I've dropped big job in afterwards and he's bolted few more ,fast ain't always the best oin my experience

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Fast ferrets are ok but I'd rather a plodder that works all the pipes ,I've had Jill's fly through and bolt Coney then come up and once re-entered they just run through and come out as if nothing below but I've dropped big job in afterwards and he's bolted few more ,fast ain't always the best oin my experience

I agree and when doing pest control I only kept 6 hobs and took my time. If they killed underground it didn't matter as the purpose was to exterminate the rabbits, the farmers didn't want to see rabbits emerging after I was there. I have recently got jills as my interest now is bolting to the dogs and sustainable hunting in my local spots. Quick bolts but not destroying a colony.

• Like 1
On 15/01/2023 at 19:47, Franks dad said:

Just out of interest and boredom , what weight are your stinkers (if you weigh them ) , what sort of size / weight do you prefer ? 
Two Jill’s 925grams and 956 grams at last weigh in a week ago … and a baby otter of a hob that bottoms out the digi scales at 3.8 kg ( not a worker) ??‍♂️

3.9kg . That's 8lb - the size of a   big human baby! 

• Haha 1
On 19/01/2023 at 22:33, Moocher71 said:

I work hobs now and 2 I've got are big lads and I would never go back to working Jill's ,they slower but work better ,give your job a go you might be surprised.

Only ever worked Hobs, They don't get kicked about as much as Jills