New football thread

4 hours ago, Dutch said:

I just look at Man Utd, Tottenham, Chelsea etc the last few years and Pellegrini a few seasons back

I do think Steidten will have a bit of pull in attracting a manager

Man Utd are/were the biggest club in the world mate and most of their fans didn’t realise they had 20 plus years of absolute fantasy football, how do you replicate fantasy ?…….you can’t and I think a lot of the fans have realised you can’t.

Ten Haag is doing amazing with what was a wreck of club and dressing room imho.

Postecoglu and the yids are playing amazing, seat of your pants football…..I love Postecoglus approach, he just don’t give a f**k by the look….he is going to play the way he wants and attack you and let the cards fall where they will after a great game of football, I love all that shit.

Chelsea ?…..who gives a toss, they have been a rich man’s play thing so long that I don’t think anyone is surprised or even cares that they have fallen into the hands of an American who is a comedy roadshow…..he is the Max Hardcore of football club owners ! Lol 

I remember when Pellegrini was appointed, I actually said “f**k sake” out loud…..an appointment so boring and without any thought or ambition……it was just getting “a name”……absolutely no thought process behind it at all.

If you want to win things then go and win them, don’t “try and not loose” your way to glory…..it’s gutless shit. 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

Not only will the mighty Hammers get absolutely battered by the Scouser at home tomorrow ive even been talked into going to the Arsenal/Yids game on Sunday i must be a glutton for punishment.

Whos your top 4 now im going City....Liverpool....Arsenal....Villa...........................................Hammers to finish 10th.

On 24/04/2024 at 15:32, WILF said:

Decent question mate.

My answer is this, I’ve never been to the new place and I’m sure I’d probably hate it with my “bloke who just wants to go football” head on…..that’s being totally honest.

That said, did it need to happen ?……absolutely yes, there’s no other way for clubs except to move forward and I 100% stand behind that……personally I don’t think fan or not a fan comes into that decision, it’s just a reality imho
It was an opportunity I don’t think any club would have turned their nose up at.

I think we have only half done the job as I don’t think we have backed it up properly but that is another conversation really.

So as a Fan, no, not a bit of me.

As a realist, yes, absolutely.

I don’t dislike our club at all, this is going to sound a bit cringe but there’s still plenty of lads like you and me and I like those people…..I like our dry sense of gallows humour as fans and I like the football heritage of the club and the area.

My last game before I moved was the night cup game against Everton when Adrian scored the winning penalty…..Me, my lad when he was little and my pals….what a night to finish on, how could I dislike that club ? 
I intensely dislike Moyes type of football and I laugh at some of the claptrap we come out with as a club but I don’t think that could be called disliking my club could it ? 

We ain’t entitled screamers like City or Liverpool fans, we can have a chuckle at getting done in 5-2 at Palace away but we like our football and generally lads from round there know what a bit of proper football looks like. 

So I’d say, you have the wrong impression mate, I don’t dislike our club at all, I just dislike shite football. 

Fair answer,appreciated :thumbs:

The reasoning i hear is all very similar......in my more sensible moments when im not slagging off " lads like you who now seem to dislike the very thing you's wanted in the first place "........i can see that it pretty much boils down to a basic " im not that keen on football in general at the highest level anymore " ......and maybe thats the harsh truth that you's who wanted to roll the dice a little bit were actually happier than you thought you were at the time....that subconsciously you took big to mean better and better to mean success whereas in the cold light of day all we've really done is bring ourselves into the modern world of elite level sport in a way we couldnt have done on the football field.....but we're still not going to win trophies hence this last few years with Moyse has been so special for us.

The amount of lads ive asked this question who now say things like " well i quite liked it in the championship " :laugh:

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Not only will the mighty Hammers get absolutely battered by the Scouser at home tomorrow ive even been talked into going to the Arsenal/Yids game on Sunday i must be a glutton for punishment.

Whos your top 4 now im going City....Liverpool....Arsenal....Villa...........................................Hammers to finish 10th.

I’m dreading tomorrow mate. I can’t see us winning again this season with what’s going on off the field.

City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa for me

On 24/04/2024 at 21:14, WILF said:

Man Utd are/were the biggest club in the world mate and most of their fans didn’t realise they had 20 plus years of absolute fantasy football, how do you replicate fantasy ?…….you can’t and I think a lot of the fans have realised you can’t.

Ten Haag is doing amazing with what was a wreck of club and dressing room imho.

Postecoglu and the yids are playing amazing, seat of your pants football…..I love Postecoglus approach, he just don’t give a f**k by the look….he is going to play the way he wants and attack you and let the cards fall where they will after a great game of football, I love all that shit.

Chelsea ?…..who gives a toss, they have been a rich man’s play thing so long that I don’t think anyone is surprised or even cares that they have fallen into the hands of an American who is a comedy roadshow…..he is the Max Hardcore of football club owners ! Lol 

I remember when Pellegrini was appointed, I actually said “f**k sake” out loud…..an appointment so boring and without any thought or ambition……it was just getting “a name”……absolutely no thought process behind it at all.

If you want to win things then go and win them, don’t “try and not loose” your way to glory…..it’s gutless shit. 

I don’t think Ten Haag is doing an amazing job. 

Spurs must’ve had 9 or 10 managers in 10 years since Redknapp, they’re playing decent stuff now, albeit they’re still moaning he has them playing too high. 

What I’m trying to say is, we should be careful what we wish for in getting rid of Moyes. A fancy European manager and cash injection doesn’t always work. 

In my opinion, there’s 8 teams that should finish ahead of us (City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, Utd, Spurs, Villa). We’re in the 9th to 14th mini league and apart from Brighton, possibly Fulham, the football the others play isn’t brilliant. I’ve also seen some great games over there this season.

We’ve only a handful of decent players (Paqueta, Kudus, Bowen, Alvarez), so I’m not sure what people expect.

31 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Fair answer,appreciated :thumbs:

The reasoning i hear is all very similar......in my more sensible moments when im not slagging off " lads like you who now seem to dislike the very thing you's wanted in the first place "........i can see that it pretty much boils down to a basic " im not that keen on football in general at the highest level anymore " ......and maybe thats the harsh truth that you's who wanted to roll the dice a little bit were actually happier than you thought you were at the time....that subconsciously you took big to mean better and better to mean success whereas in the cold light of day all we've really done is bring ourselves into the modern world of elite level sport in a way we couldnt have done on the football field.....but we're still not going to win trophies hence this last few years with Moyse has been so special for us.

The amount of lads ive asked this question who now say things like " well i quite liked it in the championship " :laugh:

Yeah, fair shout, as you know I like my non league and I’d be as happy watching Romford v Hashtag or such like, but I still love watching top level football.

Im sure you will disagree but I understood our club wasn’t about us years ago mate when me and the boy went to (can’t even remember what the game was) and was sat in the Bobby More with two dopey French c**ts in front f***ing about with chips and cans of drink and f**k knows what else who I had to tell to sit down and shut up……I knew right then on that day it was going down the lines of “American event day out” and I also knew that the reality is that is what needed to happen to survive at the upper levels of the game.

So, I’d be as happy watching the Hammers non league but I understand that just isn’t reality…..the only course is the path top level football is on wether fans like it or not.

Reality is, we have not mattered for years at top level football, we just didn’t want to believe it……you said it yourself over the kneeling down thing, if you don’t go some other c**t will go. 
I like my club, but not because they are in the premier league, I like them for a thousand other reasons that really have f**k all to do with football…..but when it comes to top level football it’s al about selling the candy floss on the day and part of that involves being the biggest, best, most attractive thing at the funfair.

That don’t mean you have to play shit football, maybe it does ?……I just don’t think you have to.

2 minutes ago, Dutch said:

I don’t think Ten Haag is doing an amazing job. 

Spurs must’ve had 9 or 10 managers in 10 years since Redknapp, they’re playing decent stuff now, albeit they’re still moaning he has them playing too high. 

What I’m trying to say is, we should be careful what we wish for in getting rid of Moyes. A fancy European manager and cash injection doesn’t always work. 

In my opinion, there’s 8 teams that should finish ahead of us (City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, Utd, Spurs, Villa). We’re in the 9th to 14th mini league and apart from Brighton, possibly Fulham, the football the others play isn’t brilliant. I’ve also seen some great games over there this season.

We’ve only a handful of decent players (Paqueta, Kudus, Bowen, Alvarez), so I’m not sure what people expect.

As you have probably read mate, I’ve had this conversation with Gnasher time and time again.

My opinion is, Moyes football is f***ing diabolical and I don’t think it’s a wish too far to just want to see a decent game of football.

Nothing more complicated than that.

4 minutes ago, WILF said:

As you have probably read mate, I’ve had this conversation with Gnasher time and time again.

My opinion is, Moyes football is f***ing diabolical and I don’t think it’s a wish too far to just want to see a decent game of football.

Nothing more complicated than that.

I just think it’s really hard to get a balance of decent football and results with mid table squads as the type of player (technical / workhorse) is different, which is why only Brighton in that mini league stand out. 

I do agree that when it’s bad over there it’s bad and I’ll probably regret going tomorrow as well get spanked 

Edited by Dutch
32 minutes ago, Dutch said:

I just think it’s really hard to get a balance of decent football and results with mid table squads as the type of player (technical / workhorse) is different, which is why only Brighton in that mini league stand out. 

I do agree that when it’s bad over there it’s bad and I’ll probably regret going tomorrow as well get spanked 

I don’t think it is mate, I study enough about football and players and coaching from academy to top tier to know that there isn’t just one way to play and obtain the type of results we have been getting……since the introduction of the UEFA coaching pathway the whole system is based around pro active football.

Some of these young coaches have never known anything else, the pathway is basically 4-3-3 high tempo aggressive football.

Now of course when they get “on the shop floor” they will have to adjust and come up with their own ideas but make no mistake, if you hold a UEFA badge (and they all do) 4-3-3 is where you were schooled.

For an attack minded person like me, it’s perfect and everyone wants to see that in reality……

Has the football fan really been reduced to “let’s  just stay alive because it’s the sensible thing to do” ?…….football has never changed, it’s:

Can I play forward first and foremost 

If I can’t, what’s the next shortest pass that will allow us to play forward 

When I loose the ball, can I win it back as quick as possible and the repeat step 1 

That’s it in a nutshell mate…..

• Like 1