F.A.O. mC Hull.

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

range rover classic ? great off road mate ?

how did your rate the saluki mate 

Impossible to rate, mate. Running a dog in Saudi was going out every weekend and hoping you got a run. The Royals and the rich used droppers, I just hoped to see a hare or a rabbit I could get a run on.

I had a couple of pures and they kept me happy. 

The dog in the pictures, I wish I could have brought him home, but he died at 17 and the prince that gifted me him replaced him with a Doberman ! 

I brought the Doberman home as it would have been disrespectful not to, but I'd rather it had been the saluki ! ??

Cheers.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f**k that.I couldnt even put up with terriers that wasted time running through every empty earth let alone skulking about in one.Found them types normally belonged to the"my dogs only ever come off th

they had your pants down charts.....thats not a Kestrel mate

I had a pure in Saudi that the only way I could get it back was to open the car door and stand back, Cheers.

Posted Images

By the way, the Range Rover was a Wood & Pickett conversion with the full body kit and the long range desert kit, double radiator, long range fuel tank, updated suspension and brakes, Recaro seats, etc.

I bought it for SAR 10,000...... just under £2,000 at the time, an absolute bargain !

Cheers.

8 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Impossible to rate, mate. Running a dog in Saudi was going out every weekend and hoping you got a run. The Royals and the rich used droppers, I just hoped to see a hare or a rabbit I could get a run on.

I had a couple of pures and they kept me happy. 

The dog in the pictures, I wish I could have brought him home, but he died at 17 and the prince that gifted me him replaced him with a Doberman ! 

I brought the Doberman home as it would have been disrespectful not to, but I'd rather it had been the saluki ! ??

Cheers.

? what we’re the dobermans used for chart ?ragging anyone didn’t do as there told ? 

did a lot of the princes have salukis 

10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

By the way, the Range Rover was a Wood & Pickett conversion with the full body kit and the long range desert kit, double radiator, long range fuel tank, updated suspension and brakes, Recaro seats, etc.

I bought it for SAR 10,000...... just under £2,000 at the time, an absolute bargain !

Cheers.

been worth a fortune here now mate 

i’ll have a look never seen the wood and pickett conversions ?

37 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? what we’re the dobermans used for chart ?ragging anyone didn’t do as there told ? 

did a lot of the princes have salukis 

The friend imported two Doberman fro Holland as pets/guards. They had been trained by an ex Indian Army dog trainer. He gave me one to replace an old saluki he had gifted me.

Another Saudi friend was gifted two lurchers by Peter Stringfellow, which had come from the Queens kennels in Sandringham, he asked me to come and see them......I told him to give them to me, as they would never see the outside of their kennels with him. He refused.

The prince my wife and late daughter went to stay with for a few month actually keeps Jack Russell's ! He said he will send me a Saluki , but i said it would be wasted with me .

Sounds outrageous ? Possibly, but absolutely true, I swear on both my children's graves .

Cheers.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The friend imported two Doberman fro Holland as pets/guards. They had been trained by an ex Indian Army dog trainer. He gave me one to replace an old saluki he had gifted me.

Another Saudi friend was gifted two lurchers by Peter Stringfellow, which had come from the Queens kennels in Sandringham, he asked me to come and see them......I told him to give them to me, as they would never see the outside of their kennels with him. He refused.

The prince my wife and late daughter went to stay with for a few month actually keeps Jack Russell's ! He said he will send me a Saluki , but i said it would be wasted with me .

Sounds outrageous ? Possibly, but absolutely true, I swear on both my children's graves .

Cheers.

what mix were the lurchers ? 

id give one a them smooth saudi salukis a go i wouldn’t be able to help me self

13 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

what mix were the lurchers ? 

id give one a them smooth saudi salukis a go i wouldn’t be able to help me self

One was a smooth type, the other was a strong hairy type. The same guy gifted my daughter and her fiancé a border Collie which I wouldn't have give the cur kennel room ! ?

Sheik Ghunaim of Abu Dhabi offered me one of these pups for free if I could get it home without quarantine, but sadly, even with my diplomat sons help, proved impossible;

IMG_0512.JPG.e4e1509da403d6a0d319d23b97f31375.JPG

Cheers.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

One was a smooth type, the other was a strong hairy type. The same guy gifted my daughter and her fiancé a border Collie which I wouldn't have give the cur kennel room ! ?

Sheik Ghunaim of Abu Dhabi offered me one of these pups for free if I could get it home without quarantine, but sadly, even with my diplomat sons help, proved impossible;

IMG_0512.JPG.e4e1509da403d6a0d319d23b97f31375.JPG

Cheers.

you have about as much love for a collie bred as i do for the bull x ? 

shame about the ones from dubai be 6 month quarantine from there ? 

i think the dam to jucklers pup is half  ghanem half israeli 

Just now, mC HULL said:

you have about as much love for a collie bred as i do for the bull x ? 

shame about the ones from dubai be 6 month quarantine from there ? 

i think the dam to jucklers pup is half  ghanem half israeli 

That was before the quarantine was changed mate.

The Sheik told me I could have one of the pups but six month quarantine would ruin it, and I agreeded with him.

I brought the Doberman back and done six month quarantine and cost £1500 , the money didn't bother me but the quarantine was heartbreaking .

Hamed gets some shit off lads here, but I know the man and nobody has the saluki closer to his heart ?

Cheers.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

That was before the quarantine was changed mate.

The Sheik told me I could have one of the pups but six month quarantine would ruin it, and I agreeded with him.

I brought the Doberman back and done six month quarantine and cost £1500 , the money didn't bother me but the quarantine was heartbreaking .

Hamed gets some shit off lads here, but I know the man and nobody has the saluki closer to his heart ?

Cheers.

be 9 month by the time you get it not the best start is it 

ive heard a few call him a peddler but if there in good order he’s giving people a chance to get a saluki from coo i can’t see the problem he doesn’t look like he’s doing it money he is already shitting money ? 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

be 9 month by the time you get it not the best start is it 

ive heard a few call him a peddler but if there in good order he’s giving people a chance to get a saluki from coo i can’t see the problem he doesn’t look like he’s doing it money he is already shitting money ? 

The mans a multi millionaire, why on earth would he peddle pups ?

He was a freind of my daughters, he made me welcome and looked after me and her when we were in his company.

He is the Chairman of the World Saluki Society , yes, I saw him refuse to sell dogs and refuse to stud dogs out, but that's his perogative. 

I'd advise anyone who goes out to Dubai for a holiday to look him up......if they are interested in coursing dogs, they'll enjoy his company.

Cheers.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The mans a multi millionaire, why on earth would he peddle pups ?

He was a freind of my daughters, he made me welcome and looked after me and her when we were in his company.

He is the Chairman of the World Saluki Society , yes, I saw him refuse to sell dogs and refuse to stud dogs out, but that's his perogative. 

I'd advise anyone who goes out to Dubai for a holiday to look him up......if they are interested in coursing dogs, they'll enjoy his company.

Cheers.

?was there much difference between the saudi salukis and the ones in dubai chart 

On 17/11/2022 at 19:13, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Did you fly falcons when you was out there charts ? 

6 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Did you fly falcons when you was out there charts ? 

I had a kestrel, it would take the hood and come to the glove but it was just a pet,

IMG_0158.JPG.aa972007c709c1b081f91b68ae634aa5.JPG

I spent a bit of time at Hamed Ghunaims mews in Dubai, but didn't get to see any of his birds fly,

IMG_0377.JPG.3817c088ecd8a3ccba4f64f7780c16b9.JPG

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I had a kestrel, it would take the hood and come to the glove but it was just a pet,

IMG_0158.JPG.aa972007c709c1b081f91b68ae634aa5.JPG

I spent a bit of time at Hamed Ghunaims mews in Dubai, but didn't get to see any of his birds fly,

IMG_0377.JPG.3817c088ecd8a3ccba4f64f7780c16b9.JPG

Cheers.

Always fancied seeing them hunt gazel with dog and hawk 

• Like 1