Happy we farm beef

Because if we dia any type of crop farming these hogs would definitely makes life alot more of a pain . The lack of rain all year has dried up all their wallows in the thick stuff so their staring to use the cow ponds to cool down so looks like i might have to start taking some out... If only it would cool down , skinning and gutting the damn things in this heat is such a pain ? not to mention all the houses ..... Well guess I'll be breaking out the .22lr  this time

FB_IMG_1668183609216.jpg

FB_IMG_1668183611325.jpg

FB_IMG_1668183613405.jpg

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 3

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's pretty fun ... Until you have to go up a tree or the one you where about to knife truns around on you while you holding it's back legs up ? that and have a 100lbs cane Corso catch dog dragging yo

This lad here was a pretty scary beast !  

All that video needs is the "Ride Of The Valkerie's " soundtrack ! ?? Cheers.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

If I had access to the hardware that you do...I'd be hitting them hard every night-and I wouldn't be sporting

There’s footage somewhere,saw it last week,someone in Texas I think? Machine-gunning them at night from a buggy as he chases them across a field.

18 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

If I had access to the hardware that you do...I'd be hitting them hard every night-and I wouldn't be sporting ?... before your cattle got no grazing left Wolfie?

can you not rent a mobile chiller unit to store the carcasses?

Can you imagine what craic that would be, I’d be slinging mutts at them right, left and centre to find out what’s what…..it would be biblical ! 

• Like 3
Just now, mackem said:

There’s footage somewhere,saw it last week,someone in Texas I think? Machine-gunning them at night from a buggy as he chases them across a field.

Yeah your talking about ultimate night vision, originally they would use a side by side and two door gunners with sagai 12 AK and buck shot but Texas baking Texas someone got ahold of a 240 bravo and welll.... Honestly want really impressed with that, from someone who's done alot of gun truck live fire drills I'm surprised no one got hurt.? But that was for a cool factor thing .

Just now, Wolfdog91 said:

Yeah your talking about ultimate night vision, originally they would use a side by side and two door gunners with sagai 12 AK and buck shot but Texas baking Texas someone got ahold of a 240 bravo and welll.... Honestly want really impressed with that, from someone who's done alot of gun truck live fire drills I'm surprised no one got hurt.? But that was for a cool factor thing .

Watch this, about five minutes in ?

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Can you imagine what craic that would be, I’d be slinging mutts at them right, left and centre to find out what’s what…..it would be biblical ! 

It's pretty fun ... Until you have to go up a tree or the one you where about to knife truns around on you while you holding it's back legs up ? that and have a 100lbs cane Corso catch dog dragging you though a briar thicket ? good times..  any way this was the smallest one we caught the last time I went with a dog team. 170 something lbs

IMG_20221111_130329897.jpg.7fce9b89e799f3bacc95603811127f60.jpg

Mean while the one they live caught and loaded into he trailer ended up being like 400 something 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Wolfdog91 said:

It's pretty fun ... Until you have to go up a tree or the one you where about to knife truns around on you while you holding it's back legs up ? that and have a 100lbs cane Corso catch dog dragging you though a briar thicket ? good times..  any way this was the smallest one we caught the last time I went with a dog team. 170 something lbs

IMG_20221111_130329897.jpg.7fce9b89e799f3bacc95603811127f60.jpg

Mean while the one they live caught and loaded into he trailer ended up being like 400 something 

I’d have cages full of mutts absolutely unfit to be around people and just have them out leathering them things every night ! 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, mackem said:

Watch this, about five minutes in ?

And before someone gets on their high horse no not every American can just go out and buy a belt fed or any kind of machine gun .... Legally that is , there a whole long ass process and you gonna be dropping like $10,000 starting out.

And this is eradication not Hunting.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

I’d have cages full of mutts absolutely unfit to be around people and just have them out leathering them things every night ! 

No no no you hog hunt with dog in that day light bud lol you don't wanna run up on a corner sounder at night fine way to end up in the hospital 

6 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

No no no you hog hunt with dog in that day light bud lol you don't wanna run up on a corner sounder at night fine way to end up in the hospital 

I hear you mate, just having a bit of a mess about.

Most people don’t realise just how powerful a pig is, they are probably the most powerful animal relevant to size around.

My pigs moved pens that cows couldn’t and moved them like they were nothing !……and those hooks would open a man up like he’d been through a blender. 
Forget sheep wire, a pig will push through wire like is paper.

Still like to set a couple of big horrible dogs on one to see how it went down ! Lol 

Edited by WILF
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Is there nobody that would buy the hog meat ?

Legally selling feral/wild hog meat is ...tricky to say the least ..gotta get the USDA and all involved. Most people prefer to buy the alive but then that a whole nother can of worms in my state. Transport permit,holding ares ect. 

That being said I usually give away a lot of the meat if I make a big kill. Lots of people around here ain't doing too good and really appreciate it. It's just getting it all processed half decent is a real pain in the heat compared to when it's cold . Fly and spoilage and all that. And the smell somtimes is just plain rancid as f**k when it's hot.That being said I'm only usually getting or two a shoot due to how the ground is set up so it's pretty manageable. I just have to make sure I kill the right one of one first trip and work my way down the ladder other wise ??

Only wish we had something like a lot of other places have where you can just drop off all your shot hogs at a processer and they process them professionally and donate all the meat to people in need.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1