impulse buy

went to get some blaser .22lr ammo at my nearest shop that stocks them and spotted a nice little springer.cometa fenix 400 laminate .22,put a hawke 3x12x44 on it and also spotted a nice little knife.spyderco para3 i think so walked out of the shop £700 lighter.will sight the gun in this afternoon and see how well it shoots.anybody got one and know what pellets to try first ?.

Edited by .357shooter

3 hours ago, villaman said:

Looked at one of these down my local RFD . Must admit thought about buying one , but would I use it when I have 8 other spring guns I hardly use 

I’ve got to admit I’m the same. Keep looking at spring guns I fancy, then I think about the perfectly good ones I’ve already got that never see the light of day. I know if I bought one I’d have a couple of weeks when I can’t put it down, then it’d join the others for a long rest. That said, I know it’ll happen (many times) again eventually ?

• Like 2

I have also looked a couple of times at these guns but like the others, I have a really accurate HW35 that I never use and keep saying to myself, I will sell it so what is the point of buying another springer. Looks very bice though. It will be interesting to hear how accurate it is.

Phil

so i have had a little go at trying to group this little airgun of a rest but have not had much success.groups are about 30mm with superdomes and jsb at 25m.i do have to point out i can not shoot of a rest to save my life.can hit bottle tops at 50m standing though.gun itself is still new but shoots well enough with little "recoil" the action itself on lock up is a bit basic and a little rough.not too smooth but is easy enough to cock without too much effort.not on par with a 95 lets say.so the trigger is a 2 stage unit but not that good could do with a little adjustment and again not a patch on the hw trigger.will chrono the gun after a tin of pellets to let it settle then i think it will need to have some work to get it shooting a little better.a basic tune will be needed and therefore to match a hw it will end up costing the same money.

• Like 1