2 hours ago, OldPhil said:

THEY, are always there,....and if we suffer an Atomic War,. coming out of the rubble, will be a Cockroach....?

It's rare I ever see them. The gel baits are so effective at getting rid of them. If I see them now there is always a reason, normally Africans or Asians using imported dried foods , often dried fish from Africa 

• Like 2
On 02/11/2022 at 16:25, Dirksdonuts said:

Lady in a private house said she had seen a cockroach in her kitchen a few years ago so we put down a HoyHoy trap nearby the photograph was taken 24hrs later. All stages of life on there. Shit it took some gel and months to get her free of them.

EC5C8040-65C2-454E-91C0-6B9498A95281.jpeg

5ADA9D60-2332-4410-B0FD-04250E5D75F0.jpeg

Orientals?

4 hours ago, Dirksdonuts said:

Yes Orientals and as you know the worst to get rid of. The Germans are pretty easy prey with the Goliath Gel but the Orientals seem to hang on in there so much longer.

I've never treated Orientals . 

There's an Indian restaurant near me who've had a German roach problem for over 2 years. The housekeeping is shocking, in the time I attempted to treat it the staff constantly moved or threw away the monitoring traps, never cleaned away old food or spillages and made it impossible. I gave up.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Torquemada said:

There's an Indian restaurant near me who've had a German roach problem for over 2 years. The housekeeping is shocking, in the time I attempted to treat it the staff constantly moved or threw away the monitoring traps, never cleaned away old food or spillages and made it impossible. I gave up.

I don't get many roach jobs at all. I've treated a few in big tower blocks that I guessed would come back as they were full of foreigners and the management wouldn't let us put traps in neighbouring apartments. 

Most of mine have been domestic homes with small infestations that had been brought in on food. These were easily dealt with. I did one in a cake shop, it was fairly clean and I was catching a few on traps but they just wouldn't take the gels and I never really got on top of them. That one knocked my confidence with em a bit. The one I'm doing at the minute is the worst I've seen and the landlord has allowed a family to move in after my first visit so don't know how it will work out. 

We probably get 2-3 oriental roach jobs a year mainly in takeaway type premises. German roaches we see about one a month and these are in food outlets and private homes where the tenants often bring them in on imported food. We find that Hoy Hoy traps are the best on the market to see how bad the infestation is and how wide spread. We then only use Goliath Gel. Never look to spray them with anything in my humble opinion as this drives them somewhere else. Let them think they are eating happily but all food sources need to removed and the areas be spotless which is a great ask for most take away type scenarios.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dirksdonuts said:

We probably get 2-3 oriental roach jobs a year mainly in takeaway type premises. German roaches we see about one a month and these are in food outlets and private homes where the tenants often bring them in on imported food. We find that Hoy Hoy traps are the best on the market to see how bad the infestation is and how wide spread. We then only use Goliath Gel. Never look to spray them with anything in my humble opinion as this drives them somewhere else. Let them think they are eating happily but all food sources need to removed and the areas be spotless which is a great ask for most take away type scenarios.

I've never really seen a need to spray them but I was seriously tempted to fog this house when I first went in. It had been left empty and they were all over the walls. Just wanted to see em all dying ?.

Landlord moved a family in now so working around them