Going green!

Doing my bit.

I realised whilst cutting TM shot out of some cartridges to use on the geese should I get chance that instead of destroying the primed, powdered and wadded hulls I should load them back up!

So I've recycled them. Eat your heart out cronemberg, or what ever her name is!

IMG_20220919_104708.jpg.4b5ac737f5904807dfacb4b73d3e2e70.jpgIMG_20220919_105807.jpg.f2e723507bcb0e1813f70598c1108346.jpgIMG_20220919_143651.jpg.f27d354fe08a741eab15c0a1e9f26d40.jpgIMG_20220919_143014.jpg.a0a0d43a0094342b6f5b835d29241b2f.jpg

• Like 8

Seeing those reloads reminds me off my recently deceased next door neighbour whose name coincidentally was Bernard. He was a keen clay shot and avid reloader . He was a committee member of Cheltenham clay shooting club and he got me to go with him on a number of occasions. His reloads were the stuff of legend at that club . There were huge explosions , clouds of smoke , or a tiny little “ phut”. You never knew what was going to happen. But the funniest thing was when the tyre on his disabled scooter exploded with a huge bang between the stands . It had everyone in stitches . 
        When he went into hospital his son was going to get the police to take his guns away , but knowing how much his shooting meant to him , and realising he might not get them back I offered to look after them . When I went into his room where he kept them I couldn’t believe the amount of powders and cartridges he had squirrelled away . Enough to blow up his house and mine . Anyway poor old Bernard never got out of hospital, he went in with a urine infection and died of Covid . I miss him , but I can sleep a bit easier knowing the reloading gear has gone .?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Seeing those reloads reminds me off my recently deceased next door neighbour whose name coincidentally was Bernard. He was a keen clay shot and avid reloader . He was a committee member of Cheltenham clay shooting club and he got me to go with him on a number of occasions. His reloads were the stuff of legend at that club . There were huge explosions , clouds of smoke , or a tiny little “ phut”. You never knew what was going to happen. But the funniest thing was when the tyre on his disabled scooter exploded with a huge bang between the stands . It had everyone in stitches . 
        When he went into hospital his son was going to get the police to take his guns away , but knowing how much his shooting meant to him , and realising he might not get them back I offered to look after them . When I went into his room where he kept them I couldn’t believe the amount of powders and cartridges he had squirrelled away . Enough to blow up his house and mine . Anyway poor old Bernard never got out of hospital, he went in with a urine infection and died of Covid . I miss him , but I can sleep a bit easier knowing the reloading gear has gone .?

Poor Bernard. A man of my own heart.

1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

Poor Bernard. A man of my own heart.

He was a lovely, quiet man , who just got on doing his own thing , he never bothered anyone. The clay club was his life , and he left all his guns and reloading kit to the club . They had a sealed bid auction for all his stuff and I think they did well out of it . 
             I miss having a chat to him . 

• Like 7