• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The nipper took 4 more out of the traps tonight. Still all around the first pen. Had a cracking night with him, saw some deer, watched some young buzzards in the nest, chuffed when he identified some

After saying I was stopping using fenns I've now found myself running a trap line of 30. My hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me

After saying I don't like fenns....we have been having a lot of success with em in these little boxes. The really small hole means they can only just get in and they always seem to be well caught. Had

Posted Images

The nipper took 4 more out of the traps tonight. Still all around the first pen. Had a cracking night with him, saw some deer, watched some young buzzards in the nest, chuffed when he identified some different trees. Found a cracking pool on the river miles from anywhere. 

Screenshot_20230627-194704.png

PXL_20230627_163125916.jpg

• Like 7
2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

The nipper took 4 more out of the traps tonight. Still all around the first pen. Had a cracking night with him, saw some deer, watched some young buzzards in the nest, chuffed when he identified some different trees. Found a cracking pool on the river miles from anywhere. 

Screenshot_20230627-194704.png

PXL_20230627_163125916.jpg

River looks very nice. Any salmon run it?

2 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

River looks very nice. Any salmon run it?

A few. Usual story.....they did in numbers once (actually not that long ago) perhaps this will be the year they do again, probably not

2 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

A few. Usual story.....they did in numbers once (actually not that long ago) perhaps this will be the year they do again, probably not

Yea it's sad the way it went. Even small little rivers around here used to have plenty, but no more I'm afraid 

Lack of management and mis guided conservationists don't help. Seals, Salmon farming, Pollution, Cormorants, Mergansers and the spread of Otters have not helped the migratory fish situation. My local club have stopped stocking in the interests of rewilding the river and cant understand why the returns have plummeted and the Parr have disappeared.

• Like 1

After catching 30 squirrels fairly cleanly in fenns (though I'm still not convinced a side strike kills quickly) yesterday I had 2 caught by back legs. Fenns will constantly throw up bad catches. 

I've got a load of bodygrips. Just need a good outdoor presentation for them now and I'm hanging the fenns up