Woodpigeons to be protected in future?

Nothing would surprise me. Be rabbits next or you got have some stupid license to catch them. Sounds ludicrous but you can't rule any thing out now days. Can't shoot rooks in wales now with out applying for a licence. The skies around here are black with them. Have to keep bedroom window shut cause in the morning the sound is deafening 
The people making these decisions are an absolute bunch of clueless morons. How they get dressed in the morning I dont know 

• Like 3

On what grounds is it suggested that woodpigeon are protected, this smells like the working of the idiot Packman.   Wouldn't it be interesting to establish if the bright sparts who came up with this idea were to actually talk to groups of farmers or the National union of farmers or the Country Landowners Assoc etc etc etc.

I have had two calls today from farmers asking for a little help with a pigeon problem.................................................give me strength.

Phil  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, philpot said:

On what grounds is it suggested that woodpigeon are protected, this smells like the working of the idiot Packman.   Wouldn't it be interesting to establish if the bright sparts who came up with this idea were to actually talk to groups of farmers or the National union of farmers or the Country Landowners Assoc etc etc etc.

I have had two calls today from farmers asking for a little help with a pigeon problem.................................................give me strength.

Phil  

Not protected yet, just put on the amber list. Something to do with the UK having 20% or more of the world woodpigeon population.

Amber doesn't mean protected, neither does red. Woodcock are on the red list but can still be shot as gamebirds.

• Like 2

Be a really sensible move that , with the price of wheat etc soaring because of Russia / Ukrain and they find it more important to build homes on farmland here than it is to grow crops , and a so called “ cost of living crisis “ where people are struggling,let’s just leave it all to the pigeons 

• 2 weeks later...