Passport woes

Well I really f****d up lol. Supposed to be going away for business at the end of the month and on holiday in July and august…. Bloody passport has expired and it’s a minimum of 11weeks for the fuucker to arrive here ?‍♂️ The boss is fine, the mrs is pissed off and says she’s going on her own again ?

Anybody else suffering with this passport backlog shit?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A true story about passport renewals; At one time children didn't need passports and could be put on their parents. When they reached a certain age, 16, I think it was, they had to get their

Always have at least 2 (preferably more). 

Bet Mackem knows a people trafficer. See if he can get you in the back door!

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Well I really f****d up lol. Supposed to be going away for business at the end of the month and on holiday in July and august…. Bloody passport has expired and it’s a minimum of 11weeks for the fuucker to arrive here ?‍♂️ The boss is fine, the mrs is pissed off and says she’s going on her own again ?

Just renewed mine mate and it only took a couple of weeks, not a bother, sorry ! ? 

• Haha 1
Just now, mushroom said:

Cnut!

? 

Why are they saying 11 weeks ?

I did mine online, and they have a section for overseas renewal as you probably know….did it through that and as I say, didn’t take long.

1 minute ago, WILF said:

? 

Why are they saying 11 weeks ?

I did mine online, and they have a section for overseas renewal as you probably know….did it through that and as I say, didn’t take long.

That’s what I’m doing and it said due to backlog and delays your passport may take up to 11 weeks to arrive. It was 10 weeks last night ?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, mushroom said:

mine is up for renewall in july  ,just spoke to the girl next door  ,she said renewalls are about 3 to 4 weeks ,new issue  3 months at least ,try the british consul in your country they may  help

17 minutes ago, riohog said:

mine is up for renewall in july  ,just spoke to the girl next door  ,she said renewalls are about 3 to 4 weeks ,new issue  3 months at least ,try the british consul in your country they may  help

British Consuls could issue passports at one time, but not now. They can issue emergency travel documents in an emergency.

My son was Entry Clearance Officer at The Consulate in Saudi Arabia, and used to issue passports, then it was centralised in the UK, run by Border Force.

My grandsons passport renewal  was applied for at the Consulate , but it was sent to the UK for renewal. It took weeks and had to pay for DHL to deliver it to Saudi.

Before, it could be renewed same day at the Consulate and no postage fees.

So much for progress........

Cheers.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

British Consuls could issue passports at one time, but not now. They can issue emergency travel documents in an emergency.

My son was Entry Clearance Officer at The Consulate in Saudi Arabia, and used to issue passports, then it was centralised in the UK, run by Border Force.

My grandsons passport renewal  was applied for at the Consulate , but it was sent to the UK for renewal. It took weeks and had to pay for DHL to deliver it to Saudi.

Cheers.

aha   times  change  im out of touch these days  i did have couse to go to the british consul in dusseldorf  years ago and the issued me with a temporary  passport    but as you say  things are different these days  ..:good:

A true story about passport renewals;

At one time children didn't need passports and could be put on their parents.

When they reached a certain age, 16, I think it was, they had to get their own passports.

My two children reached the point they needed their own passports, so we went along to the British Consulate in Jeddah.

The E.C.O. at the time was a friend of mine and said the kids photos needed signing by a professional " of good standing".

I noticed a man in the queue who I recognised as a pilot from the airline I worked for, and asked if he was ok to sign the photos ? Yes, I was told, so he signed them and the passports were issued.

A week later he murdered his Greek wife and Pakistani lover and hung himself !

"of good standing " ? Hmmmm

Cheers.

• Haha 8

I got an ETD once to get out of somewhere when my passport went missing, went to the consul, told them my passport was nicked, got the ETD the same day and left the country a few hours later. 

Can't you travel around the EU now sans passport but a countries ID card because of the schengen agreement, open borders? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, mackem said:

I got an ETD once to get out of somewhere when my passport went missing, went to the consul, told them my passport was nicked, got the ETD the same day and left the country a few hours later. 

Can't you travel around the EU now sans passport but a countries ID card because of the schengen agreement, open borders? 

Yep but to get to the Balerics you need a bloody passport or photo ID card for either the plane or the ferry.

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Yep 20 notes for delivery, £86 and change for the passport itself. The ETD is an option BUT....... unless I can prove I am a Spanish resident on arrival back in BCN and even if I can, I may still be shipped back to Blighty on technicalities. I spoke with the consulate today and apparently it's happened a few times recently and I can't be arsed being deported lol. I can go pretty much anywhere in Shengen via car, train except fuucking Balearic/Canary islands. Of course the biz trip is to the  Balearics and the Mrs wants to go to Morocco or Gran Canaria on holiday ?

2 hours ago, mushroom said:

That’s what I’m doing and it said due to backlog and delays your passport may take up to 11 weeks to arrive. It was 10 weeks last night ?

Yeah, mine said the same but it didn’t take anything like that ?

37 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

He's retired and living in anonymity in a remote location diametrically opposed to his supposed abode in Canada.

Julian Assange told me ! ? !

Cheers.

• Haha 2
51 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I ain't making this up, a guy I know asked me if his mate flew from UK to Mexico would I be able to get him across the border into the states ? I just said to him "Do I look like a Mexican to you" ?

• Haha 2