I’ve also put this in the fishing section but thought I’d try here. 

Been asked to work up in the Ullapool area for the first 2 weeks in July. Will have evenings and a weekend free. Planning to take my fishing kayaks to see what’s about. Anyone from that area or know it fairly well? I’ll have a spare kayak and all kit going if anyone wants to tag along the odd evening. Won’t have the dogs with me but I’m happy to have a walk out too. Cheers. 

• Like 2

Loch borralan on the road to Lairg. Stuffed full of little brown trout with some big ones among em plus artic char. Permits from the pub on the road side, they also do food, good beer (rare in jock land) and have a boat for hire. You can spin on there as well so a little spinning rod and some mepps is all you need. 

My mate lives in Lairg so if you want info on other lochs then let me know. I'll be up in july

Screenshot_20220501_115544.jpg

Screenshot_20220501_115500_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

• Like 1

check out the beaches at Achmelvich... Clachtoll.... there 20 mile or an hour north of Ullapool but well worth a visit and Clachtoll has a campsite on the dunes.....both these beaches are reall stunners....

the only fishing i have done up there was at loch ewe a few miles south of Ullapool at the small town of Poolewe the river that flows through the town ...is full of sea trout and salmon ..you could fish the river from the bridge down to the loch for free ....but its a long time since i have been so check in the shop 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, TOMO said:

check out the beaches at Achmelvich... Clachtoll.... there 20 mile or an hour north of Ullapool but well worth a visit and Clachtoll has a campsite on the dunes.....both these beaches are reall stunners....

the only fishing i have done up there was at loch ewe a few miles south of Ullapool at the small town of Poolewe the river that flows through the town ...is full of sea trout and salmon ..you could fish the river from the bridge down to the loch for free ....but its a long time since i have been so check in the shop 

An hour to travel 20 mile, what you going by spacehopper?

4619.jpg

Edited by low plains drifter
Spacehopper en route
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, low plains drifter said:

An hour to travel 20 mile, what you going by spacehopper?

lol....lot of single track roads up there mate...

• Like 2
4 hours ago, TOMO said:

Cheers Tomo ?