This might be the best book I've ever bought.

I've always been interested in natural remedies but, I've never really bothered to look into it until now

........ I ordered this on Amazon last night and it was delivered today - it's fascinating. 

The content is well laid out, the photos are good and, it's easy to read and understand. Tells you when and how to harvest. How to use bits of the plants. Making tinctures etc.

I like the bits like the painkiller info on Willow where it tells you that it'll work like Asprin but there's no risk of it irritating your stomach. 

I'm recognising loads of the plants - it's stuff that's either in the back garden or I see when I'm out and about.

Maybe I'm turning into a bit of a middle aged hippy but, I've never liked popping pills so, this book will get some use.

A lot of folk on here probably know a lot of what's in the book already but, if you're a bit like me, I'd definitely recommend giving it a look :yes: :thumbs:

IMG_20220423_164235.jpg

IMG_20220423_164413.jpg

IMG_20220423_164337.jpg

IMG_20220423_164345.jpg

• Like 11

Looks an interesting book mate..do you eat from the hedgerow aswell.

I tapped a silver birch a good few years ago in early spring.it didn't taste much different from water..but you need to reduce it down on the cooker apparently. Or make into wine...

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, king said:

I tapped a silver birch a good few years ago in early spring.it didn't taste much different from water..but you need to reduce it down on the cooker apparently. Or make into wine...

Or use the bark for fires starting.

Learned that in the Scouts, many moons ago ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, king said:

Yes but, not much - I've never known enough to make the most of it.

There is a bit in this book about silver birch :thumbs:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, McVey said:

Pass it on when you've finished with it mate.

No point you reading it greb..and then starting threads on " how to feed a dog" etc ?

You ain't allowed a dog greb..??