Any help would be appreciated please

On 07/04/2022 at 09:16, Elyj123 said:

Hello, new here!

was seeking some advice, we have got a 7 month old bedlington whippet and we’re having abit it of trouble teaching him that he can’t be as reactive too other dogs on lead/off lead (not nasty in any shape of form) but the barking is horrendous.

If anyone could help/advice please would be much appreciated as we are at whits end. We can’t even take him too busy dog walking spots as he’s gets that worked up he nearly strangling his self on lead.

thank you in advance 

Probably better off not getting another dog by the sound of it if your willing to Jack on the dog before it’s even got going an a quitter at the first hurdle working dogs don’t sound as if there for you!!…..

• Like 2
1 minute ago, poxon said:

Probably better off not getting another dog by the sound of it if your willing to Jack on the dog before it’s even got going an a quitter at the first hurdle working dogs don’t sound as if there for you!!…..

It's a beddy whippet mate not a working dog ?

• Haha 1
Just now, Black neck said:

It's a beddy whippet mate not a working dog ?

??if it’s the one I just see in the adds for sale section looks a racey handy enough sort??…..bet I could bring that dog on no problem if i could be arsed lol 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, poxon said:

??if it’s the one I just see in the adds for sale section looks a racey handy enough sort??…..bet I could bring that dog on no problem if i could be arsed lol 

Deals done then I'll just secure the paperwork ?

Does look a nice pup 

• Like 2
On 07/04/2022 at 09:16, Elyj123 said:

Hello, new here!

was seeking some advice, we have got a 7 month old bedlington whippet and we’re having abit it of trouble teaching him that he can’t be as reactive too other dogs on lead/off lead (not nasty in any shape of form) but the barking is horrendous.

If anyone could help/advice please would be much appreciated as we are at whits end. We can’t even take him too busy dog walking spots as he’s gets that worked up he nearly strangling his self on lead.

thank you in advance 

If its your first dog then I think you have gone down the wrong route to start with. As cute has beddy whippets may look they can get a very stubborn streak from the beddy and be a little hard headed at times. Have you thought about going to a few local puppy training classes? They are cheap enough and everybody there is in the same boat, all got a unruly dog of some description.