Two to the HW100KT

C3PO

• 2 weeks later...

Are you putting out the hide each time you go or leaving it pegged down.  The reason I asked is that I found for pigeon, crow, in fact any ambush, I have always done better if the hide is up for a few days to let the quarry get used to it being there.  When shooting crows as they are very shy birds, we would put up the hide, leave it for at least two days, then shoot one day and leave it for another couple of days. I did this over the course of about 2 weeks and it worked a treat.

Phil

• Like 1
6 hours ago, philpot said:

Are you putting out the hide each time you go or leaving it pegged down.  The reason I asked is that I found for pigeon, crow, in fact any ambush, I have always done better if the hide is up for a few days to let the quarry get used to it being there.  When shooting crows as they are very shy birds, we would put up the hide, leave it for at least two days, then shoot one day and leave it for another couple of days. I did this over the course of about 2 weeks and it worked a treat.

Phil

Yerr, definitely with crows and rooks. Jays are suspicious too when waiting in a pop up hide at squirrel feeders. The squirrels don’t seem to bother though. I’ve had them walk right past the pop up when it’s only been there half an hour, also shot squirrels on feeders within five minutes of arriving with the hide.

• Like 1