Cage building

I've never had a ferret bite way through wire in 40 year of keeping them but I have had them pull wire away from frame yrs ago and escape ,you better of getting the mesh like James broom said but just make sure it's secured properly as ferret will soon find a weak spot and pull at it until it gives .

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

I've never had a ferret bite way through wire in 40 year of keeping them but I have had them pull wire away from frame yrs ago and escape ,you better of getting the mesh like James broom said but just make sure it's secured properly as ferret will soon find a weak spot and pull at it until it gives .

With mine i screwed battern o  thside if hutch against the mesh to stop the taking it free

• Like 1
On 16/03/2022 at 10:56, riverliver123 said:

Just got a couple of ferrets. Want to make an extra cage for them. What thickness of mesh is best? I can get a good deal but it's 0.6mm thick. Like chicken wire which they'll probably bite through???

That's the best wire there mate flys well most flys can't even get into the cage

20220323_114945.jpg

20220323_115048.jpg

• Thanks 1