Scope fogged internally

After a shooting session a few weeks ago in the pouring rain it appears moisture has leaked inside my scope on my .22 ? When I went out the other night shooting I had to blast it with the hairdryer which allowed me to shoot but not perfect.  Checked scope just now and fogged up again so looks like a new scope is required.  My old scope was a Simmons Whitetail Classic 3.5 -10 × 40 which I like as used it for the past 35 years. My question is anybody got one of these scopes or what can you recommend similar. Must be 40 objective lens as that's the height of my scope rings. Thoughts please ?

3 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

I’ve got a little 3-9x40 Nikon on my anschutz .22, lovely scope with bright clear optics. With the bdc reticle I know my aim points out to 120 with subs?

DD4B7CFC-C8E3-45D8-BCE8-C59F04788BFA.jpeg

That scope seems very low.

I never really got that, low mounts. Having to cram my chops into the stock etc.

• 2 weeks later...

If the water got in there, get it out.  Get the scope off of the rifle and dry it out.  If,, you've got the ability to remove and replace the objective lens in the same place ( an easy job )  the whole tube is open and could be dried out quite easily and quickly.  Failing that buy anotherl

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/02/2022 at 09:23, FOXHUNTER said:

As stated above I have bought the Hawke Vantage.  My old scope I've had about 35 years so I think I've had my money's worth ??

Yeah, yeah, yeah but did it still hold zero.? Just me. I hate scrapping stuff like an old friend.

1 hour ago, Meece said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah but did it still hold zero.? Just me. I hate scrapping stuff like an old friend.

Still holds zero and I used it last week before I got my new scope , warmed up at room temperature and was good to go. Got new scope now so just need to get it fitted when I get a minute. 

Over the years I've had several scopes donated to me for fun experimentation.   Some wouldn't hold zero (most), a few had been dropped and had the objective bell bent.  The most difficult ones have had the crosshairs broken by recoil etcetera.  If only you could but crosshair elements the job would be simple. I have fabricated crosshairs but it it difficult. Very difficult.  If/when I  had access to a nitrogen cylinder I  would give the tube a squirt but I  didn't notice any problem with the ones that were just natural air.  Some scopes would have been loads better if the lenses had been cleaned and looked better if the lenses had been cleaned correctly rather than rubbed with a dirty finger.

• Like 1