Hornady 17 HMR ammo shortage?

1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

Yerr, hmr ammo has been low on stock here, and it’s gone up in price. It’s cheaper for me to use homeloaded .22 ? hornet than hmr now.

A quick look around the net shows prices around £15- £18 per 50 for Hornady V-Max (even though several show out of stock), so up to 36p a pop, no denying that's getting up there!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Deker said:

A quick look around the net shows prices around £15- £18 per 50 for Hornady V-Max (even though several show out of stock), so up to 36p a pop, no denying that's getting up there!!

One of my local shops the cci 20grain are £22:99 for 50......?

• Confused 1
13 hours ago, Dervburner said:

One of my local shops the cci 20grain are £22:99 for 50......?

Yep, I noticed some of the other HMR ammo was even more than the Hornady V-Max. 

It is more than a bit unfortunate as I find the HMR very useful, but at least I pretty exclusively use the V-Max. 

Everything goes up, and I'm trying to remember what I was paying in the early days, simply don't recall, but it was certainly under £10 x 50 (but not that much less I don't think), that would have been about 15 years back when I got my first HMR, how does that compare with inflation generally????

14 hours ago, Fellman Mark said:

No .17hmr round near me other than cci tnt I was lucky enough to stock right up on vmax a few months back at £15 x50 

I’ve used the tnt’s to good effect, found them accurate but the aren’t as frangible as the tipped bullets. That’s not always necessarily a bad thing though.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

I’ve used the tnt’s to good effect, found them accurate but the aren’t as frangible as the tipped bullets. That’s not always necessarily a bad thing though.

I’ve got a couple of boxes of the tnt just never really tried them I’ll give them ago when I am out later on today ?

7 hours ago, Dervburner said:

I've got a couple of boxes of them. They seem a touch slower to me and definitely a tougher bullet. I agree, not a bad thing.