Trying beaver snaring again

Trying it again. Critters are flooding this guy's lower pasture. He rips up a step dam it back up the next day. They've tried shooting them at night with a flash light blowing up the dams ? Standard farmer stuff. I'm just creeping in busting some small holes on repairs setting some snares and hopefully we'll have Mr bucky tomorrow. Btw in the first pic the entire left side is a dam  that's raised the water lever about 3'  for about 50ydin front and behind meIMG_20211119_160659320_HDR.jpg.4cb7c7870af475f01422681a9ac52ab4.jpgIMG_20211119_162949552.jpg.4bc28a631f145d4f1965dee214fc802d.jpgIMG_20211119_163822064.jpg.94de66e9aa64fe60759d9e5a6d8d4f8b.jpg

Snares are 5/64th 1x19 for the maim loop loaded and with a slim lock plastic support collar #6 barrel swivel out to a 12" pig tail of 3/32nd 7x7.  Anchors in with 36" pogo cable stakes

Edited by Wolfdog91

59 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Are you using any lure at the sets Wolfdog?

Yep out of the three I put in two are lured with some Lure I got called Enrager II . Stuff is strong it's liqid but had a heavy castor base to it I can smell. The other snare was just on a cross over I saw them coming over.

2 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Yep out of the three I put in two are lured with some Lure I got called Enrager II . Stuff is strong it's liqid but had a heavy castor base to it I can smell. The other snare was just on a cross over I saw them coming over.

I've read, that beaver caster is worth a few bob. Definitely worth harvesting. 

1 hour ago, EDDIE B said:

You over there now mackem? Do you have to be a permanent resident, to trap there?

You need to be an ontario resident mate, and do a 40 hour course in fur harvesting and management, 32 hours in the classroom and 8 hours in the field. 

• Like 1