Raw mince

Few questions for the lads that know what their talking about 

Few years ago i had my dogs on raw mince . I had a friend who bred a lot of dogs and used to get it dirt cheap off him . Mix of lockdown and him moving away they ended up back on dry food  . Recently my old big dog got a twisted stomach and nearly died one night so since then ive been buying raw mince from a agricultural merchant local . So far its costing me near 30 quid a week .

My big dog is very large dog and was 11  1/2stone when he went into vets recently and my other smaller dog is around the 5/6 stone.  Using a online calculator i worked out roughly 1kg a day for him and 500g for the other dog . Hes getting on a bit in age now (hes around 8 now) and with his near death recently i dont want to go back to dry food .

Im paying roughly 30 quid for 24 x 500g varying minced meats .

Am i ok to add a bit of pasta to it to bulk it out a bit for them 

Does anybody know of anywhere in south wales that sells it cheaper?

I feed my dogs a complete raw diet full bird carcasses with beef never had a problem both my dog of 8 and 12 month old bitch are bursting with energy I add fish in once a week removing the beef that day works out less than £40 a month to feed both dogs  

• Like 1