I like the fireworks me. Plenty of Nov 5th parties New Years Eve etc. It was good when my kids were young but now i don't get my own or have fireworks parties. BUT AND ITS A BIG BUT who the f**k am i to complain about others doing what they want and enjoy doing just because i don't want too?

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, gnipper said:

I've left the goldie cd on in there and so far doesn't seem to be any fireworks too close. Hopefully they'll be ok in the morning. 

Best way nipper better off trying to mask it out the sound an flash pal. Hope your birds are okay after weekends over mate. Last year I went in birdroom to find a young siberian goldfinches on floor in corner dead. Gutted me 

50 minutes ago, hambone said:

I like the fireworks me. Plenty of Nov 5th parties New Years Eve etc. It was good when my kids were young but now i don't get my own or have fireworks parties. BUT AND ITS A BIG BUT who the f**k am i to complain about others doing what they want and enjoy doing just because i don't want too?

You got birds ? 

1 minute ago, BEARINATOR said:

Got the light on in my aviary as 2 pair budgies left in it, brought a breeding pair in as she is a English type so doesn’t like the cold and got my canary’s in with the kakariki 

I've got dimmer lights on normally at 2% all night mate but left the main lights on in the birdroom in walk way. Will turn that off at about 11 12 then back to dimmer. Same again tomorrow. Had a few Latino karkiz myself lovely birds. Atb mate 

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

You got birds ? 

No mate i haven't got birds and to be truthful i couldn't give a fkn monkies bollox for anyone who has. Cover up your Avarie or just spend your evening out there with them. lets be honest the worlds bird population has not gone extinct because of Guy Faukes and his efforts.

16 minutes ago, hambone said:

No mate i haven't got birds and to be truthful i couldn't give a fkn monkies bollox for anyone who has. Cover up your Avarie or just spend your evening out there with them. lets be honest the worlds bird population has not gone extinct because of Guy Faukes and his efforts.

So why you come on the cage an aviary page then simpleton if you don't give top fcks about birds. We've got another one lads  lol. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, hambone said:

An I'm not your mate we've got nothing in common you sound like an obnoxious twat. Coming on my post commenting like you have an best part your not in the hobby on keeping birds. How do you know that birds don't die in the wild from night fright from fireworks. You go out on a morning checking do you ? 

I was on unread posts. Sorry i did not realize i was on an aviary page with some precious chaps. BTW i keep chickens have ferrets and dogs. coops and ferret hutches have hessian over them tonight and the dogs are in. I don't try to change or dictate what others do, just do what's best for mine, do what you can for yours.

8 minutes ago, hambone said:

I was on unread posts. Sorry i did not realize i was on an aviary page with some precious chaps. BTW i keep chickens have ferrets and dogs. coops and ferret hutches have hessian over them tonight and the dogs are in. I don't try to change or dictate what others do, just do what's best for mine, do what you can for 

And you keep ferrets chickens and dogs you special lol..So do many on this forum but they don't come onto another man's post an start slating bird keepers for spending time in making sure thier birds are safe specially when they've just worked hard to get them where they are through moult. You'll know what moult is won't you with having hens ? An some hens can stop laying if there's fireworks close by too. I've had modern game for many years an know lads who've suffered on bonfire night. 

Edited by Bangersanmash